Outlook 2007 Beta2 with AVG- blank message bodies resolved!

Robert (AAT)

May 24, 2006, 7:39:01 PM5/24/06
Earlier I had simply stopped AVG in the the system tray, but the problem
persisted.

Then I restarted AVG from the START button and went into Email scanner.
There is a selection to disable the plug in, which I did.

Sent myself some test messages and now message bodies are again as they
should.

Robert

RyeTronics

May 24, 2006, 7:52:35 PM5/24/06
That worked. Bravo Robert!

Now all we need is a fix so that we can actually use the email scanner
with this Beta!

Roady [MVP]

May 24, 2006, 9:00:24 PM5/24/06
Just curious; Why would you want it to integrate? It doesn't really add an
extra level of protection; just more overhead and issues :-S

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"RyeTronics" <ryetr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

GABTGURL

May 24, 2006, 9:30:01 PM5/24/06
using OL2007 (B2) with AVg Anti-Virus here without any problems.

Ada Pan [MSFT]

May 24, 2006, 11:03:26 PM5/24/06
Hello Robert,

From the post log, this issue appears to concern a product that has not yet
been released. The Managed newsgroups are provided for selected released
products.

You may find support for this and most beta products from Microsoft
Corporation at https://beta.microsoft.com.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ada Pan

Microsoft Online Partner Support

BillR [MVP]

May 25, 2006, 12:16:15 AM5/25/06
Ada,
The beta 2 Preview Community Newsgroups site directs to this News group:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/community/newsgroups.mspx

--
Bill R MVP
"Ada Pan [MSFT]" <v-ad...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Ada Pan [MSFT]

May 25, 2006, 1:07:25 AM5/25/06
Hi Bill,

Thank you for the information.

scam...@gmail.com

May 30, 2006, 11:07:19 AM5/30/06
Allow me to expand on this. I didn't really want to let my email float
in unchecked, so I tried something else.

If you go into the AVG email plugin properties, you'll see a "Certify
mail" option. Thats where it inserts into each incoming email
something to the effect of "This email has been scanned and certified
by AVG"

It seems that simply unchecking that option lets the plugin work fine
with Outlook 2007. I have since sent myself a simple test email
outgoing from GMail, and also recieved an HTML heavy advertisement
email, both which came through with their bodies.

Hope this helps!

Sean

shel

May 30, 2006, 6:01:01 PM5/30/06
I have disabled the plugin in AVG and even shut it off completely. I'm still
getting empty emails. Well, almost empty. They all have ONE character, like
this:

Any thoughts?

/shel

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

May 30, 2006, 7:28:01 PM5/30/06
I've had no problems with running AVG and Outlook 2007 as long as
incoming/outgoing email scanning is disabled.

What other addins are you running? Tools, Trust Center, Addins. First use
COM Addins in the drop down and click Go. Uncheck all of them. Then select
Exchange client extensions in the drop down and click Go, uncheck them all.
If the problem goes away re-check them one at a time and see when the
problem comes back. First thing to try is disabling any Adobe addins.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"shel" <sh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Wyeth@discussions.microsoft.com Dominic Wyeth

May 30, 2006, 9:57:02 PM5/30/06
i had a smiliar problem and disbaling the certiy addin worked - thanks for
the help

til

Jun 7, 2006, 6:06:46 PM6/7/06

til