URGENT HELP NEEDED: Upgraded to Vista and lost my Outlook files

Johnnie

Sep 7, 2008, 8:09:14 AM9/7/08
Need some guidance. I upgraded to Vista this weekend and expected to be able
to import my personal address book and email files from windows.old

Cannot find the files though....can anyone provide guidance?

cheers and thanks.

DL

Sep 7, 2008, 9:49:51 AM9/7/08
You upgraded an installation that had a working outlook, and now outlook is
not available, or does it not have the origonal data files connected?
PS You dont import native outlook data

"Johnnie" <Joh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Johnnie

Sep 7, 2008, 10:10:04 AM9/7/08
Hi DL:

I had really bad system performance and crashes in both Vista and Outlook. I
took the following steps:

1) re-instaled Vista
2) re-installed Office 2003

I then opened up Outlook and went into C:/windows.old to try to import my
email and address book. Under C:/Users but the folder APPDATA is missing.

Did I mess up bad? any chance I can still find my email file somewhere?

cheers.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Sep 7, 2008, 11:07:05 AM9/7/08
Are you showing hidden files and folders?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-sub...@lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Johnnie" <Joh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Johnnie

Sep 7, 2008, 11:22:01 AM9/7/08
Hi Diane...yes I believe so.

DL

Sep 7, 2008, 11:29:10 AM9/7/08
In Vista the default location would be
\Users\'username'\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
If you locate the pst copy it to the Documents folder of Vista, then open it
in OL

"Johnnie" <Joh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Johnnie

Sep 7, 2008, 2:02:02 PM9/7/08
the appdata folder is not showing.....

Johnnie

Sep 7, 2008, 2:55:00 PM9/7/08
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST.......THANKS FOR THE TIPS. AFTER CAREFULLY REVIEWING
YOUR SUGGESTIONS I FINALLY REALIZED THAT THE FOLDERS WERE INDEED HIDDEN. ALL
IS WELL AND I HAVE RECOVERED MY EMAIL AND CONTACTS.

THANKS SO MUCH.