Re: Disable Stationary in Outlook 2003

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

May 3, 2005, 4:29:38 PM5/3/05
Apply this registry value to prevent the user from setting a default stationery choice:

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\MailSettings
Value name: NewStationery
Value type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Value: leave blank

Then use Group Policy Objects to block these toolbar and menu commands in Outlook and Word. IDs are in ():

Outlook
======
Actions | New Message UsingMore Stationery (5611)

Word
====
FormatBackground (30403)
FormatTheme (3623)
Format | BackgroundStandard Colors (3224)
Format | BackgroundMore Colors (2857)
Format | BackgroundFill Effects (2858)
Format | BackgroundPrinted Watermark (4003)
ViewHTML Source (3902)

Note that this will make some Word features unavailable for normal documents.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of