Outlook Contacts & Address Book

steve

Sep 14, 2002, 4:24:36 PM9/14/02
Everytime I attempt to open my Outlook address book I get the
following message: "The contacts folder associated with the address
book cannot be opened, It may have been removed or deleted" I have all
my contacts in the contacts folder, but for some reason, that
particular contacts folder is not being associated with the address
book, which is empty. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you, Steve

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Sep 14, 2002, 4:57:42 PM9/14/02
First, I would suggest you post your Outlook version.
It is not unusual for the Outlook Address Book to "lose track" of the
connection to its Contacts Folder when you move or import your PST or update
your Outlook version or OS. Use the following steps to reset the connection,
depending on your Outlook version. Note that in some instances you may
actually have to remove the Outlook Address Book completely from your
Profile, close Outlook, and then re-add it before you can get it to work.

Outlook 2000, Corp/Workgroup:
Go to Tools > Services. Make sure the Outlook Address Book service is
listed. If not, add it. Next, R click on the Contact folder or folders you
want the OAB to display, choose "Properties", go to the Outlook Address Book
tab and check the "Show this folder as an E-mail address book" box. You may
also need to go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose to show your
Contacts folder.

Outlook 2002:
Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or
address books > Outlook Address Book. If it is not listed, back up one step
and add it. If it is, then click on Change. to make sure the Contacts
folder(s) you want to display are listed. You may need to enable the
Contacts Folder as an e-mail address book by R clicking the Folder >
Properties and check the "Show this folder as an E-mail address book" box.
Make sure you restart Outlook after making these changes.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"steve" <schi...@cs.com> wrote in message