Re: Migrating contacts into Outlook 2007

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

May 25, 2006, 11:15:51 AM5/25/06
Migrating from where?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"waltz" <wa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:962952D1-1E65-4AE6...@microsoft.com...

> --
> Greatly appreciated

waltz

May 25, 2006, 11:26:01 AM5/25/06
Sorry for the incomplete message.

I migratedt o Outlook 2007 Beta 2. When I switch to the contacts view, I
only see the My contacts folder. My other Contact folder group no longer
appear.

when I check the properties of the imported Outlook.pst file, the othe
contact folders are clearly visible.

when I search for a contact in the other contact group they are searchable
and I can open the resulting contacts.

Any ideas on how to view all my contacts folders in the contacts view?

I'm using only on2 .pst file and one default profile.

thanks,

--
Greatly appreciated

"waltz" wrote:

> --
> Greatly appreciated

waltz

May 25, 2006, 11:42:01 AM5/25/06
Thanks for the quick reply. I migrated from Outlook 2003 with all MS patches
applied as of the migration date.

The install routine deletes Outlook 2003, so I have no way to go back and
retrieve these contacts sub-folders.
--
Greatly appreciated

waltz

May 25, 2006, 12:43:02 PM5/25/06
And the Answer is:

1. Click on the folder icon at the bottom left corner.

2. Expand all Outlook items.

3. Then, expand Contact folders

4. Click on the Contacts icon at the bottom left corner.

5. The Contacts sub-folders are now visible and clickable.

That's all!

PS the File==>Data File Management option was very helpful in diagnosing the
problem.

PSPS there is no Help Offiline or Online on the "NewGroup" option in the
contacts view of Outlook 2007.

--
Greatly appreciated

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

May 25, 2006, 11:53:48 AM5/25/06
Do you mean that you performed an in-place upgrade from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007? If so, then no migration was involved.

By "contacts view," do you mean the Contacts navigation pane? We need more details to know what you mean by "group."

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"waltz" <wa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42AFCE77-C4B6-4458...@microsoft.com...

> Thanks for the quick reply. I migrated from Outlook 2003 with all MS patches
> applied as of the migration date.
>
> The install routine deletes Outlook 2003, so I have no way to go back and
> retrieve these contacts sub-folders.

waltz

May 25, 2006, 7:29:02 PM5/25/06
Hi Sue:

I upgraded from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 on the same computer. The
dialog box after the upgrade insinuated that there was a migration of
accounts, settings etc. upon initial start-up of Outlook 2007. Given that the
one-time dialog box was not repeatable without duplicting the process, I'll
leave it at that.

As far as the "Group" concept, check out the group options in the Contacts
Navigation pane. PS The "Group" functionality in Outlook 2007 is not
documented in either the Online or Offline Help text.

PS See the solution to this question in the next post.

--
Greatly appreciated

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

May 25, 2006, 8:21:03 PM5/25/06
> As far as the "Group" concept, check out the group options in the Contacts
> Navigation pane. PS The "Group" functionality in Outlook 2007 is not
> documented in either the Online or Offline Help text.

Those would be folders, to be precise, subfolders of other folders in your Outlook hierarchy.

> PS See the solution to this question in the next post.

There is no hard-and-fast "next" in newsgroups, since you can't control how everyone uses them. Better to post a link or repost the solution. (But I saw your post anyway -- very useful)