Forced to Recurring?? Bug in Outlook 2007?

caalger

Feb 16, 2007, 1:50:15 PM2/16/07
I have an issue where whenever I create an appointment in Outlook 2007, save
it, then go back into it and modify it in any fashion (change location, add
an attendee, etc) it automatically changes the appointment to recurring
weekly without an end date. SOMETIMES, I can simply go back into the
appointment and remove the recurrence and that fixes it... other times I have
to delete the appointment completely and recreate it as I wanted it to be.

A work around I found is that I can change it to end after a single
occurrence... but that's just not reasonable.

Anyone know what could be causing this issue? What might be forcing the
appointments to recur upon editing? Any help would be greatly appreciated -
I'm pulling my hair out here.

System info:
Office 2007 Standard
Vista
all patched up according to Microsoft Update

Brian Tillman

Feb 16, 2007, 6:22:41 PM2/16/07
caalger <caa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have an issue where whenever I create an appointment in Outlook
> 2007, save it, then go back into it and modify it in any fashion
> (change location, add an attendee, etc) it automatically changes the
> appointment to recurring weekly without an end date.

In Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs, look for an app named
"Outlookaddinsetup" and uninstall it.
--
Brian Tillman

caalger

Feb 16, 2007, 6:33:08 PM2/16/07
Brian - if I were of the persuasion and knew where you lived, I'd kiss you.

Not only did that seem to have fixed the calendar problem, but it has made
the sluggishness I've been experiencing with Outlook in general go away.

What the devil IS that Outlookaddin and why in God's name would Dell
autoinstall something that detrimental?

Thanks again!

Brian Tillman

Feb 17, 2007, 7:49:02 PM2/17/07
caalger <caa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> What the devil IS that Outlookaddin and why in God's name would Dell
> autoinstall something that detrimental?

From what I undersatnd, it's a remnant of the tools Dell uses to preinstall
the software they include and it wasn't removed properly before shipment.
--
Brian Tillman

Alan

Jan 6, 2008, 2:03:00 PM1/6/08