Is it possible to edit the 'Source of lead' field in Outlook BCM?

1 view

sbiljan

Jan 20, 2006, 12:36:04 PM1/20/06
I would like to have the 'Source of lead' field be more specific. An example
of such would be the name of a specific chamber of commerce, or commercial
database company.

Luther

Jan 20, 2006, 1:16:38 PM1/20/06
Picklists in BCM v1 and 2 are not customizable.

mamu

Feb 23, 2006, 1:28:26 AM2/23/06
I've changed the Territories drop-down. It should work for any other
drop-down as well. Maybe I'm doing it the "difficult way", but this is how I
accomplished it:

1. Close Outlook
2. Change the territories in the MSDE database - the rows you want to modify
(or add/delete) are in the table "PickLIstsMasterList". If you want to add a
territory, make sure you use FieldMAPIID 36882
3. It's time to modify the Outlook form - this is where I got stuck in the
past (Outlook crashes as soon as you try to modify the form). What you have
to do is rename the DLL called
"Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.dll" (located in the BCM
Installation folder) to something else, such as
"Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.dll3".
4. Open Outlook, go to "Tools", "Forms", "Design a Form", select "Personal
Forms Library". Click "Open". The form will come up without crashing outlook
- the territories pick list is in the "Details" tab. Right-Click on the
combobox, select "Properties" and change the available properties so that it
matches the property names in the Database
5. PUBLISH (!!) the form back to the Personal Forms library. If you're
distributing the form to other computers, make sure to also save a .OTF
version of it (Accounts.otf) and when you install it on other computers,
remember to clear the Forms cache beforehand.
6. Rename the DLL that you renamed in Step 3 back to its' original name.
7. Execute EnableBCM.exe (also located in the BCM installation folder)

This worked for me and I now have categories that apply to my business (in
my case, this is "Europe, North America, South America, South East Asia, Asia
Pacific, Middle East, Worldwide".

Is there an easier way? Please let me know.

Max

neal

May 10, 2006, 4:15:03 PM5/10/06
Thanks, Mamu, but I'm still somewhat unclear about how to change the
territories in the MSDE database. I've installed the express edition of sql
server, and the mdf\ldf files appear in the C:\Documents and
Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Business Contact
Manager. However, the files appear locked to me. I've been able to edit the
forms with the aid of antother forum, but I first need to get to the
PickLIstsMasterList. I think this would allow the fields to correctly appear
when I change views in BCM, but I have to get there first.
I'd also like to edit fields in my opportunities forms...can you or someone
help me get there?

I'd give the same grousing about how this program is useless without
configuration, but it's been done...besides, I want to use this now, and not
wait for V3. Thanks for all the posts. Neal