Install errror.

William Stacey [MVP]

Oct 6, 2005, 4:28:22 PM10/6/05
After installing BCM, every time I add Data connection to BCM I get this
error:

Business contact Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something,the information you were working on
might be lost.

- Restart Business Contact Manager

Please tell Micrsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help up....

Have tried uninstalling and installing 7+ times. How can I start over?
--
William Stacey [MVP]

Luther

Oct 6, 2005, 10:47:16 PM10/6/05
What do you mean by "add Data connection to BCM"? You mean connect the
client to a database on another server?

William Stacey [MVP]

Oct 6, 2005, 11:48:17 PM10/6/05
Add Data File and pick the BCM and the instance. The instance gets added,
but directly after adding I get the exception. Restart outlook and get the
exception each time. So the only thing I can do is send the error to MS, or
quick.

--
William Stacey [MVP]

"Luther" <enow...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Frank Walsh

Oct 7, 2005, 9:51:02 PM10/7/05
The same thing is happening for me. I don't know what to do either??

Thanks

Frank Walsh

"William Stacey [MVP]" <sta...@mvps.org> wrote in message

William Stacey [MVP]

Oct 8, 2005, 5:37:02 AM10/8/05
:) I have never been able to install this thing - even back in beta. I
thought it was just me.

--
William Stacey [MVP]

"Frank Walsh" <f2...@community.nospam> wrote in message

Luther

Oct 9, 2005, 10:53:04 PM10/9/05
A popular reason why BCM v2 won't run is having early .NET v2 betas
installed on the same machine.