How To Monitor eg 80% uptime across a server farm

steharp

Feb 17, 2009, 12:28:08 PM2/17/09
All,

Stuck on this. I can create a distrubted application model, but I think this
does not allow me for e.g. within a component of the model for me to set a
e.g. an alert if the distrubted application falls below a certain tolerance
threshold across several servers.

i.e. You must have 3 out of 4 servers up, if you only have 2 up then you
have degraded service level.

Thanks in adv.....

Mike Eisenstein

Mar 9, 2009, 6:34:53 PM3/9/09
There isn't a way.
I slapped something together because I thought it was an interesting
problem, but there are some shortfalls of not having this built in to the
engine.

http://sentryboy.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F2CBE6BAE5BB51E1!411.entry

--
Mike Eisenstein