how to defince group whose member is member of other groups

pk

Apr 22, 2009, 9:01:01 PM4/22/09

i want to define a new group to include all SQL role objects hosted on a
server which is a member of the existing custom Computer group. Using the
operator console, we are able to define dynamic member with OR'ing but not
AND'ing multiple groups/classes.. in our case SQL role AND our custom group.

Is this possible to do this using the authoring console ? if yes, any example.

Any suggestions is much appreciated ... thx

Mike Eisenstein

Apr 23, 2009, 5:17:41 PM4/23/09
To clarify
Group ZZZ contains class instances of type SQL Server Role
where SQL Server Role is hosted by
Windows Servers that are contained in
Group AAA

Do I have that right?

--
Mike Eisenstein
http://sentryboy.spaces.live.com/blog/

"pk" <p...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

pk

Apr 23, 2009, 6:02:04 PM4/23/09
Mike, yes, that's what i am looking for. I am using SQL server role as
example but this could be any group..

thx...

Mike Eisenstein

Apr 23, 2009, 6:57:34 PM4/23/09
I added this case as the last example at
http://sentryboy.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F2CBE6BAE5BB51E1!301.entry

"pk" <p...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

pk

Apr 23, 2009, 9:16:06 PM4/23/09
Mike ... That's what i am looking for. It's great info and thank you !