Computer Group and Agent Wathcer

1978@discussions.microsoft.com Elizabeth 1978

Apr 27, 2009, 4:34:01 PM4/27/09
Hello!

I want to add to My Computer Group only the Agent Watchers representing all
the discovered instances of the Custom Class I created.

If in the Discovery I put an actual FQDN of a Managed Computer the group is
populated with that Agent Watcher.

If I put
$MPElement[Name="MyApplication.Core.Windows_Local_Application.Send_Connector.Class"]/ComputerName$ it does not work but I do no receive any error.

Then I put
$Target/Host/Property[Type=”MyApplication.Core.Windows_Local_Application.Send_Connector.Class”]/ComputerName$

and after

$Target/Property[Type=”MyApplication.Core.Windows_Local_Application.Send_Connector.Class”]/ComputerName$

in place of

$MPElement[Name="MyApplication.Core.Windows_Local_Application.Send_Connector.Class"]/ComputerName$

Does not work again!

Where am I making work ?

Thank you!

Lizzie

I have this class

<ClassType
ID="MyApplication.Core.Windows_Local_Application.Send_Connector.Class"
Accessibility="Internal" Abstract="false"
Base="Windows!Microsoft.Windows.LocalApplication" Hosted="true"
Singleton="false">

<Property ID="ComputerName" Type="string" Key="false"
CaseSensitive="false" Length="256" MinLength="0" />
</ClassType>

I have this computer group:

<ClassType ID="MyApplication.Core.AgentWatcherComputersGroup"
Accessibility="Internal" Abstract="false"
Base="MicrosoftSystemCenterInstanceGroupLibrary6062780!Microsoft.SystemCenter.InstanceGroup" Hosted="false" Singleton="true" />

and I have this discrovery:

<Discovery ID="MyApplication.Core.ComputersGroup_AgentWatcher.DiscoveryRule"
Enabled="true" Target="MyApplication.Core.AgentWatcherComputersGroup"
ConfirmDelivery="true" Remotable="true" Priority="Normal">
<Category>Custom</Category>
<DiscoveryTypes>
<DiscoveryRelationship
TypeID="MicrosoftSystemCenterInstanceGroupLibrary6062780!Microsoft.SystemCenter.InstanceGroupContainsEntities" />
</DiscoveryTypes>
<DataSource ID="GroupPopulator"
TypeID="SC!Microsoft.SystemCenter.GroupPopulator">
<RuleId>$MPElement$</RuleId>
<GroupInstanceId>$Target/Id$</GroupInstanceId>
<MembershipRules>
<MembershipRule>

<MonitoringClass>$MPElement[Name="SC!Microsoft.SystemCenter.AgentWatcher"]$</MonitoringClass>

<RelationshipClass>$MPElement[Name="MicrosoftSystemCenterInstanceGroupLibrary6062780!Microsoft.SystemCenter.InstanceGroupContainsEntities"]$</RelationshipClass>
<Expression>
<SimpleExpression>
<ValueExpression>
<Property>$MPElement[Name="System!System.Entity"]/DisplayName$</Property>
</ValueExpression>
<Operator>Equal</Operator>
<ValueExpression>

<Value>$MPElement[Name="MyApplication.Core.Windows_Local_Application.Send_Connector.Class"]/ComputerName$</Value>
</ValueExpression>
</SimpleExpression>
</Expression>
</MembershipRule>
</MembershipRules>
</DataSource>
</Discovery>

Mike Eisenstein

May 1, 2009, 7:28:23 PM5/1/09
You really had me puzzled by this one during MMS. Turns out there is a
linked list of relationships that allows this to work.

Agent Watcher IS A Health Service Watcher which CONTAINS Health Service
which (as a LocalApplication) is Hosted by Windows Computer which Hosts your
custom class (because it IS A LocalApplication)

See http://sentryboy.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F2CBE6BAE5BB51E1!301.entry
(bottom example) for the groupcalc syntax.

Cool question. Thanks.

--
Mike Eisenstein
http://sentryboy.spaces.live.com/blog/

"Elizabeth 1978" <Elizabeth 19...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Elizabeth 1978

May 5, 2009, 5:26:01 AM5/5/09
Mike, glad news: your solution works perfectly (at least since now after
light testing)!!

Thank you so much!!
I'll keep you updated!

Bye!