Rule Verification Failed

Grant Fritchey

Apr 2, 2008, 11:25:44 AM4/2/08
I originally posted this in the sql group but I haven't received

I'm running into an issue while trying to create a rule. I'm simply
trying to add a performance rule to capture a performance monitor
counter from my SQL Server machines. Specifically I want to see the
cache hit ratio for stored procedures. Here is what I tried to create:

object: $Target/Property[Type="SQL!Microsoft.SQLServer.DBEngine"]/
PerformanceCounterObject$:Cache
Counter: Cache Hit Ratio
Instance: Procedure Plans

After searching through the groups, I tried changing the object
reference by adding /Host after the $Target, but I got the same error.

Any help at all here would be appreciated.

Here's the error:

Date: 3/28/2008 11:29:55 AM
Application: System Center Operations Manager 2007
Application Version: 6.0.6246.0
Severity: Error
Message:

: Processing the template failed. See inner exception for details.
Verification failed with [1] errors:
Error 1:
: Verification failed for rule:
MomUIGeneratedRulea4c32409c6a04ff786d9570af7d90d5f

Failed to verify referenced module : ID=DSInvalid configuration
specified for Module [DS]Cannot resolve identifier [SQL!
Microsoft.SQLServer.DBEngine] in the context of ManagementPack
[FMG.SQL.Management.Pack]. Unknown alias [SQL]
[...]

Mike E

Apr 2, 2008, 12:19:56 PM4/2/08
The problem is with your SQL! reference.

Check the Manifest/References section of your MP to see if "SQL" is the
alias for Microsoft.SQLServer.Library.

"Grant Fritchey" <gran...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Grant Fritchey

Apr 2, 2008, 2:38:47 PM4/2/08
Bingo! I knew it was something stupid simple. Thanks for your
assistance.