Make a page a sub-page

jane@discussions.microsoft.com plain jane

Jun 3, 2007, 6:45:01 PM6/3/07
It's very easy to make a sub-page - File>New>Sub-page.

And it's very easy to drag those sub-pages out to be a regular page - just
grab it and drag out from it's sub-page position to be at the same level as a
regular page.

NOW MY QUESTION - How to get those pages I dragged out to the regular page
position to now go back to being a sub-page?

Jane

Brady

Jun 4, 2007, 7:49:00 PM6/4/07
Just drag it back in and under a regular page above or below another SUBPAGE.
If you don't have a subpage already created under the page you want to put
your page under, make a new subpage then you can drag any page into the
subpage position adjacent to the new then delete the temp subpage.

Josh Einstein

Jun 5, 2007, 10:45:34 AM6/5/07
I hate this. :) Maybe I should just write a plugin that toggles the
subpageyness of the current page.

--
Josh Einstein (Tablet PC MVP)
Einstein Technologies

"Brady" <Br...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Daniel Escapa [MS]

Jun 13, 2007, 5:07:56 PM6/13/07
We hate it too!

Someone should write this it should be super easy...maybe that will be my
fun afternoon project!

"Josh Einstein" <jo...@einsteintech.net> wrote in message

Daniel Escapa [MS]

Jun 14, 2007, 5:52:02 PM6/14/07
I did just blog about it here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/descapa/archive/2007/06/14/make-current-page-a-subpage.aspx

Though I don't think I would make a powertoy out of it...if there is a lot
of demand I can do that.

"Daniel Escapa [MS]" <not_...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

send2...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2012, 12:21:37 PM8/16/12
On Sunday, June 3, 2007 3:45:01 PM UTC-7, plain jane wrote:
> It's very easy to make a sub-page - File>New>Sub-page.And it's very easy to drag those sub-pages out to be a regular page - just grab it and drag out from it's sub-page position to be at the same level as a regular page.NOW MY QUESTION - How to get those pages I dragged out to the regular page position to now go back to being a sub-page? Jane

You can make a page a sub-page of another page by:
1. group all the pages together
2. make sure the main page is on the top
3. select all the pages (click on the top page, hold down the Shift key, and then select the last page that you want to make a sub-page of the top page)
4. right click and select Group Pages
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

petej...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2014, 11:56:12 AM2/5/14
Brady,

This is excellent tip. Worked perfectly!! Thanks a ton.

Justin

ddhru...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2014, 11:07:29 PM2/23/14
On Sunday, June 3, 2007 3:45:01 PM UTC-7, plain jane wrote:
if you have 2010 drag it back