Creating a Master Index

PT

Apr 8, 2007, 4:32:27 PM4/8/07
I've accumulated about seven notebooks and nearly 100 .one files. There are
several pages I reference very frequently. I'd like to create a single page
with hyperlinks to these frequently used pages, and then create a desktop
shortcut to the index page. What's the easiest way to do this?

--
PT

Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Apr 8, 2007, 5:55:36 PM4/8/07
Hmmm...

If the pages rarely change (i.e. the same several pages in the index) I'd
probably just manually build an index page to them with hyperlinks the way
you suspect you could.

If the pages change somewhat often I'd probably just add a unique string to
the top of each page like "FreqUse" and then use the Search tool to bring me
a list of pages containing that string.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

I'd probably add some sort of unique string to the top of each of those
pages like ("FreqUse") and
"PT" <x...@xyz.com> wrote in message

EMRhelp.org

Apr 8, 2007, 9:26:23 PM4/8/07
On Apr 8, 5:55 pm, "Ben M. Schorr, MVP" <b...@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote:
> If the pages rarely change (i.e. the same several pages in the index) I'd
> probably just manually build an index page to them with hyperlinks the way
> you suspect you could.
>
> If the pages change somewhat often I'd probably just add a unique string to
> the top of each page like "FreqUse" and then use the Search tool to bring me
> a list of pages containing that string.
> --
> -Ben-

Nice workaround suggestion.

I think if you had a OneNote MEGA-index page, if you could somehow
PULL up THAT PAGE with a keyboard shortcut .. taht would be great. If
OneNote's linking was robust (i am not sure that it is..... yet) you
could pull the OneNote links to a word document and have the word ...
or maybe .html document serve as the OneNote index launching pad.

However, I think there should be a OneNote "Favorites" Page. It would
be accessible easily, definitely by keyboard shortcut, and you would
be able to right click on any INK or Text and select "Save as a
Favorite". Ideally you would be able to have more than one
"Favorites" sections ... it would function similarly to Internet
Explorer's favorites.

Anyone like this one ? :)

Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Apr 9, 2007, 2:25:59 PM4/9/07
Yes, I like the idea of a "Favorites" page.

The hyperlinking is pretty robust and could certainly be used to manually
create such a page, but I'd like to see an easier way (like your suggestion
about "Add to Favorites") to do it. It's possible that an "Add to
Favorites" PowerToy could be done. If I get some time I might look into
doing one.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"EMRhelp.org" <EMRhe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Jonathan use numbers

Apr 10, 2007, 2:50:00 AM4/10/07
David Rasmussen, a member of the OneNote team, wrote a detailed description
of opening everyday OneNote pages (like your ToDo list, project aggregations,
or... anything) with a hotkey from outside OneNote. His blog would be the
easiest place to get the posts. He then spent time showing how to build out
links on those pages. Ben Schorr's comment about the need for that page to
remain in a consistent place shows the potential weakness.

As a comparison, InfoSelect is a very flexible PIM that depends on their
very simple but super-fast search to triumph over the usual bloat of info and
loose structure.

I have been planning to make an aggregation page for my elementary teaching,
because I don't find WDS easy enough to use that I would let it do all the
work.