Office 12/Word 2006 question

dl...@wheels.com

Oct 20, 2005, 10:38:17 AM10/20/05
Can I use Office 12/Word 2006 to replace Altova StyleVision -
specifically I want to use a Word like tool (like Word itself!) to
create xslt stylesheets that are document templates - the data tags are
specified using an xsd schema. The xml data (validated by the xsd
schema) is then merged by the xslt stylesheet into xsl-fo. A separate
product (RenderX) then produces pdf/ps output.

Ideally I would like to use these templates as building blocks/zones -
where I can create a new template by "linking" to existing zone
templates (e.g. a predefined header/footer zone)

Thanks

David Laub

stylus...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2005, 12:44:15 PM10/20/05
So why not just use Microsoft Infopath for the document editing
component and Stylus Studio to develop the XSLT / XSL:FO stylesheets.
Obviously we're biased, but the problem with Stylevision is that it's
not an XSLT editor, but rather an SPS editor (some kind of proprietary
transformation language) which can be exported to XSLT - but you can't
open an existing XSLT stylesheet and start editing it in Stylevision.
For serious XSLT editing try Stylus Studio's XSLT Editor:
http://www.stylusstudio.com/xslt_editor.html
It works with RenderX to produce PDF:
http://www.stylusstudio.com/renderx/xep.html

Sincerely,