Outlook 2003 - Change & edit default view for ALL folders - not just one at a time.

Beamguy

Oct 29, 2004, 9:33:16 AM10/29/04
I have just recieved a new PC with Office 2003 installed, and find the new default view
in outlook 2003 disturbing. I would like to change it back to something more useful,
and can do this one folder at a time. But I have 1000's of folders.

How do I change the default view for all my folders with one command?

Thanks

Chuck Davis

Oct 30, 2004, 11:15:15 PM10/30/04
The Help function returned this:
To change the default view for a public folder, you must
have Owner permission (Owner permission: With Owner
permission you can create, read, modify, and delete all
items and files and create subfolders. As folder owner, you
can change the permission level that others have for the
folder. This permission does not apply to delegates.) for
the folder, and there must be at least one custom view
defined for the folder that is visible to everyone.

In the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders
available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the
plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not
visible, on the Go menu, click Folder List.), in the
Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left
side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as
Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each
pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.),
right-click the public folder, and then click Properties on
the shortcut menu.
Click the Administration tab.
If the Administration tab does not appear, you don't have
Owner permission.

In the Initial view on folder list, click the view that you
want to appear each time the folder is opened.
The Normal view displays the default Microsoft Outlook view
for the type of items in the folder.

Jack Folliard

Nov 2, 2004, 7:37:31 AM11/2/04
I'm looking for the same global solution - this instruction applies only to
one folder at a time. anyone else have the answer - if there is one.
thanks. Jack

"Chuck Davis" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jack Folliard

Nov 11, 2004, 1:49:12 AM11/11/04
I think this is the answer, thanks to MVP Diane Poremsky::

If you change the messages views, it applies to all folders. Follow the
steps here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm to the point
where you click the Modify button to open the customize view dialog. Then
make the changes you want and save it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Jack