Where's Rocky ?

Mr Shaun Warburton

May 2, 2007, 9:53:01 AM5/2/07
When I installed office 2003, on Vista, the office assistant will not work
can get only Clippit to work and I can't stand him. I love rocky but when I
ask it to put Rocky on, it says that there is not enogh memory to run this
feature.

I have got 1 and 1/2 gig of memerory left, how much does it want to run a
little dog for gods sake?

user

May 2, 2007, 11:10:59 AM5/2/07
Try here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=236822

"Mr Shaun Warburton" <MrShaunW...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:038E6E25-AA0C-44C4...@microsoft.com...

Bernard Liengme

May 2, 2007, 1:53:31 PM5/2/07
That and the other imbeciles were dispensed with, Deo Gratias
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Mr Shaun Warburton" <MrShaunW...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:038E6E25-AA0C-44C4...@microsoft.com...

Mr Shaun Warburton

May 2, 2007, 3:04:00 PM5/2/07
Thank you User But
This does not work with Vista none of the things come on screen

user

May 3, 2007, 7:33:23 AM5/3/07
What is your pagefile set at?

"Mr Shaun Warburton" <MrShaunW...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

message news:57AA15B9-AAC9-4BAE...@microsoft.com...

Bob Buckland ?:-) At Beautiful Downtown

May 4, 2007, 6:50:58 AM5/4/07
Hi Shaun,

You may find that the following process works to bring Rocky back to play in Office 2003 on Vista.

First, run Detect & Repair in Office 2003 to be sure it's working correctly and that the Local Installation Source files are intact
(have your CD available). Then

a. Close all Office 2003 applications.

b. Launch Windows 'Uninstall or change a program' in the Vista Control Panel.

c. Select Change for your Microsoft Office 2003 product from the list of installed products

d. Turn on the 'Add or Remove Features' choice in the next dialog and choose 'Next'.

e. Choose 'advanced customization of applications', on the next dialog and click 'Next'.

f. In the 'Advanced Customization' dialog, expand the tree to find the Office Assistant you want to use by clicking on the plus
sign next to 'Office Shared Features', then the plus sign in the next level down for 'Office Assistant'.

g. In the list of Office Assistant characters, click on the disk drive button for the one you want to use and set it to 'Run from My
Computer' state from the popup.

h. Select and Set *all* other Office Assistant characters to either the 'Install on First Use' or 'Not Available' and complete the
'setup' run.

i. Start Word 2003 and you should get an error message that you want to reply *NO* to (even though you'd think the answer would be
yes <g>. That error message is

"The selected Assistant character is not available. The feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?".

j. The newly installed/selected character (Rocky?) should now be available.

=======================

<<"Mr Shaun Warburton" <MrShaunW...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Thank you User But
This does not work with Vista none of the things come on screen >>

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Mr Shaun Warburton

May 8, 2007, 9:11:02 AM5/8/07
Dear Mr Buckland

Thank you for all your help, it has worked and I have got little Rocky back,
I love to see him on screen, and he brightens my day up. when he comes out of
his kennel. and goes to sleep on my letter. I feel like going to sleep
myself in some of the meetings, that I have to attend.

Thanks again you've made me realy happy again.

Mr Shaun Warburton

May 10, 2007, 5:21:01 AM5/10/07
Well It's a pitty people like you, coulden't be dispenced Deo Gratias isen't
it?

JoAnn Paules

May 10, 2007, 7:55:26 AM5/10/07
Many of us found the Office assistant a pain in the tusche. I thought it was
a bit too cute. I'm trying to work and the last thing I need is some funky
little cartoon character pestering me. I get enough of that from flesh and
blood characters.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Mr Shaun Warburton" <MrShaunW...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

message news:4194A1C5-EF08-4AE0...@microsoft.com...

Addyhash

Jun 23, 2007, 4:04:00 AM6/23/07
I'm glad that at least there is a few good people left in this world, that
are willing to help.
I too miss the corect operation of office assistant with Windows Vista ( I'm
using Office 2000) , and to waste valuable time and resorces by writing
offensive crud is basically childish.
Thanks for the hotfix Bob, ur a good man.

Addy.

Mr Shaun Warburton

Jun 23, 2007, 9:46:00 AM6/23/07
Thank you ADDY
for your support, I am disabled, and as such come across many people like
some of the posters on this board.

But you will always find that there are many more BoB's of this world who
are willing to help you, and they more than make up for morrons of this
world. thanks again Bob, and your tagline is soo true.