Office 2003 "save as not responding" word and excel docs

eddiemac

Apr 14, 2006, 1:44:02 AM4/14/06
Just this afternoon I tried to save a word document in a file folder in "my
Documents. I selected "save as" then the file folder and clicked on the icon.
No response so I clicked again. The next to the Save As (Not Responding)
appeared.

I also tried to save an excel file and the save thing happened.

Help

neo [mvp outlook]

Apr 14, 2006, 4:48:39 AM4/14/06
If you have recently patched your workstation, try uninstalling KB 908531
(Security Update MS06-15) to see if your
functionality returns. (Note: I have not been able to duplicate on 3
workstations.)

"eddiemac" <eddi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

paulin...@comcast.net

Apr 15, 2006, 2:51:37 AM4/15/06
I had the EXACT same problem and fixed it by uninstalling the following
Windows Updates:
KB915597
KB890830
KB911565
KB911562
KB912812
KB908531
KB911567
KB892130
KB890830

Chances are you updated your computer last night through Windows Update
like I did. It is a pain to have to restart every time you uninstall
the patch but it is worth it because I can save again - no problem.
Good luck.

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Apr 15, 2006, 7:32:38 AM4/15/06
KB908531 is the one that is being reported as causing the problems.

Tom
<paulin...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Crispo

Apr 15, 2006, 8:28:55 AM4/15/06
Tom [Pepper] Willett wrote:

Can anyone give me basic instructions of how to uninstall an update?

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Apr 15, 2006, 8:32:12 AM4/15/06
Control Panel Add | Remove Programs, and make sure "Show Updates" is checked
at the top.

Then, select the one you want to remove and click "remove".

Tom
"Crispo" <crissi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

ne...@nerdshack.com

Apr 15, 2006, 9:47:03 AM4/15/06
That solved my problem. Thank you.
Now to figure out how NOT to have auto updates reinstall the fix. Do
you suppose anyone has notified Microsoft of a problem in their
security update?

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Apr 15, 2006, 11:06:16 AM4/15/06
If you use auto updates, it will reinstall.
MS is aware.

Tom
<ne...@nerdshack.com> wrote in message

Barry Watzman

Apr 15, 2006, 12:47:10 PM4/15/06
to paulin...@comcast.net
The problem is caused by 908531. Removal of the others was not necessary.

Alvah Mayo

Apr 16, 2006, 1:53:01 AM4/16/06
Microsoft support has a registry fix for this issue. Call 800-936-5700 for
support and to receive the fix.

paulin...@comcast.net

Apr 16, 2006, 4:27:05 AM4/16/06
Don't know about anyone else but after the removal of 908531 my problem
was NOT fixed so I uninstalled everything else that was updated along
with that patch and it worked fine after that.

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Apr 16, 2006, 7:54:53 AM4/16/06
Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security
update MS06-015
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165
"Alvah Mayo" <Alva...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message