Uninstall Office XP Pro without having software

Traynor@discussions.microsoft.com Tom Traynor

Oct 15, 2004, 2:25:01 PM10/15/04
I installed Office 2003 and want to remove Office XP Professional but I no
longer have the Office XP Pro software. How do I uninstall the product?

Mike

Oct 15, 2004, 2:49:25 PM10/15/04
Have you looked for it in add/remove programs in the control panel?

Tom

Oct 15, 2004, 7:03:03 PM10/15/04
Mike,

I have it in the add/remove programs in the control panel. But, when I
click remove, it ask for the Office XP Pro disk. I don't have the disk any
more. Is there a command line command I can use to remove this without
having the software?

Carla

Oct 16, 2004, 11:01:39 AM10/16/04
Tom <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<66A7D62A-50AF-459D...@microsoft.com>...

If there's nothing in Add?remove Programs, you could try remove it out
of the registry - carefully.

Open the registry editor (Start>Run>Regedit)
Start at left top. By clicking on the plus sign to the left of each of
these, expand to the following location:

My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0
Right-click on the key and choose rename. Add a 1 to the end of the
name.
You should notice you have a 11.0 also there, which is Office 2003.
This would work for one user per machine - if there are a few people
using the same machine, delete this one as well.

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0

Failing that, there are background folders as well, under this
location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office - clear contents of entire
folder.

Let me know if that helps?