DSOfile replacement for Office 2007

Peter Karlström

Mar 28, 2008, 7:21:00 AM3/28/08
Hi

My customer have a system which use DSOfile a lot for accessing Office
document properties.
Later this year they're upgrading to Office 2007 and I want to know how they
should "migrate" the dso-file support in this system.
Is there a replacement tool we can use for this?

Thanks in advance
--
Peter Karlström
Midrange AB

Jialiang Ge [MSFT]

Mar 31, 2008, 1:14:49 AM3/31/08
Hello Peter,

We can continue using DSOfile for Microsoft Office 2007 files as long as we
install the Office 2007 Compatibility Pack. According to the KB article

The Dsofile.dll files lets you edit Office document properties when you do
not have Office installed
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224351

The dsofile.dll component has been updated to read and to edit document
properties for Microsoft Office 2007 files. The Compatibility Pack can be
downloaded at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-
8f43-c6bb74cd1466

An possible alternative of dsofile.dll for Microsoft Office 2007 files is
to read/edit their Open XML format, since the document formats are changed
from binary (Office 2003 and previous) to XML (Office 2007).

See: Introducing the Office (2007) Open XML File Formats

Codeproject: Read and write Open XML files (MS Office 2007)
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/office/OpenXML.aspx

and the Open XML specification:
http://www.ecma-international.org/news/TC45_current_work/TC45-2006-50_final_
draft.htm

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to let me know.

Regards,
Jialiang Ge (jia...@online.microsoft.com, remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

msd...@microsoft.com.

ications.

Peter Karlström

Mar 31, 2008, 3:32:01 AM3/31/08
Hi Jialiang Ge

Thank you.
This was exactly what I needed.

--
Peter Karlström
Midrange AB

Mark

Aug 25, 2008, 10:40:01 PM8/25/08
I have a project that successfully opens and reads MSWord 2003/2007
documents. I want to use DSOFile to look at the properties of a word document
when it is an outlook attachment. How do I make DSOFile read properties if
Outlook saves these files to a temp directory as myfile.tmp?