Re: "New and Improved" Windows Live

Gary VanderMolen

Nov 4, 2008, 9:56:12 PM11/4/08
The best forum (newsgroup, actually) for Windows Live Hotmail issues is:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.msn.discussion

I have crossposted to that newsgroup, so look for responses there.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Paul" <Pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:826F0147-1198-4222...@microsoft.com...
> Gary, yes, this is about Office Live Mail (powered by Windows Live) and
> Windows Live Hotmail, just not Windows Live Hotmail *Desktop*. Perhaps the
> term "live" is used far too much?!?!
>
> Funny, a google search sent me here (as perhaps it did for "golfingrani"). I
> found the above post and assumed it was the right place. Perhaps you know
> where to point us to find the correct outlet for this feedback? Perhaps you
> might use your MVP channel to forward it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
>> I assume you are talking about Windows Live Hotmail rather than
>> Windows Live Mail. This is not the right venue to discuss Hotmail.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>

>> "Golfingrani" <Golfi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Looking for a place to vent.......this new screen format is absolutely
>> > horrible, I see no redeeming features, it wasn't broken, why did you try to
>> > fix it? Can't do anything without scrolling and clicking when it was all so
>> > visible before, 1/3 of the screen is taken up by listing the other folders,
>> > etc., can only see about 3 lines of my messages using your "full screen", not
>> > possible to look at picture attachments, I could go on and on. I'll be
>> > leaving Hotmail unless I can get the old format back.

StephenB

Nov 5, 2008, 4:29:45 AM11/5/08
Feedback for Windows Live Hotmail can be provided to the team at
http://feedback.live.com
The specific link is https://feedback.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmail

If you need support for Hotmail:
Go to http://support.live.com and sign in with a LiveID
Click on the Windows Live Hotmail entry on the list.
If you are not presented with an email support form, but are instead redirected
to help.live.com for that service/product, in the page that opens from
http://help.live.com select any topic on the left hand side or search for a
question in the search box.
The results of your search or the clicked topic appears in the right hand frame,
along with a tiny link in the lower right hand corner – “Get more help.”
Click that tiny link and you will get to a page with a link “Contact support”
Click that link and you will be presented with the email support form to fill
out. Provide as much detail as possible and you should get a response from
support within 24 hours.

-steve

"Gary VanderMolen" <Ga...@NoMail.invalid> wrote:

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 5, 2008, 2:08:53 PM11/5/08
[X-post to WLMD & Internet Mail NGs]

Updated <CR> after having read StephenB's post and after having discovered
that my oft-posted link to WLHotmail Email-format support often does not
work, even after having signed-in:

<QP>
Windows Live Hotmail Email-format Support:
After having (1) signed-in with the Live ID associated with your Hotmail
account, (2) open the following link:
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmail&ct=eformts; (3)
otherwise, jump through the hoops outlined in the instructions posted here:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.msn.discussion/msg/5efa94216876be27
</QP>
--
~PA Bear

StephenB wrote:
> Feedback for Windows Live Hotmail can be provided to the team at
> http://feedback.live.com
> The specific link is
> https://feedback.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmail
>
> If you need support for Hotmail:
> Go to http://support.live.com and sign in with a LiveID
> Click on the Windows Live Hotmail entry on the list.
> If you are not presented with an email support form, but are instead
> redirected to help.live.com for that service/product, in the page that
> opens from http://help.live.com select any topic on the left hand side or
> search for a question in the search box.
> The results of your search or the clicked topic appears in the right hand

> frame, along with a tiny link in the lower right hand corner - "Get more

> help."
> Click that tiny link and you will get to a page with a link "Contact
> support" Click that link and you will be presented with the email support
> form to fill out. Provide as much detail as possible and you should get a
> response from support within 24 hours.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 5, 2008, 6:02:14 PM11/5/08
[Formatting correction]

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
<snip>
> ...otherwise, jump through the hoops outlined in the instructions posted
> here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.msn.discussion/msg/5efa94216876be27
> </QP>

...winston

Nov 6, 2008, 5:13:25 AM11/6/08
For future reference, feel free to use, here's my shorthand of how to do same.

Windows Live ID Support
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&ct=eformts
-Note: Some have had issues with the above link redirecting to the Help rather than the
e-form for support, if so....use the following link and procedure to access the e-form:
https://account.live.com/helpcentral.aspx?mkt=en-us&lc=1033
1. Scroll to and click on 'How can I reset my password' or click any item in the Faq list
2. Look in the lower right and click on the option 'Get More Help'
3. Wait till the page loads, then click on 'Get Support'
- the eform should now load

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail