my msn problem

CDR

Oct 23, 2009, 3:40:29 PM10/23/09
When I try to bring up my.msn.com I get the following:

Your request could not be processed at this time, please refresh this page
or try again later.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Oct 23, 2009, 6:34:57 PM10/23/09
If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post
one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:

Big Al Mintaka

Oct 23, 2009, 7:34:01 PM10/23/09

> .

PA Bear,
I'm having the same problem as CDR, but I'm not posting to multiple groups.
Do I qualify for help in this matter?

When I try to access my.msn.com, I get the login prompt and successfully log
in to my account. Then this message appears in an otherwise blank window:

"Your request could not be processed at this time, please refresh this page
or try again later. "

I know the login is correct because I can post in this group. So what's up
with my.msn.com? Anyone have any ideas?

Also, there is a message on the MSN home page, www.MSN.com:

"Hotmail is temporarily unavailable on the Homepage.Please click here to
view your email."

Is this related to the problem trying to access my.msn.com?

Strange that this complete lack of being able to access my.msn.com, and
Hotmail being "unavailable on the Hompage" coincide with the release of
Windows 7.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas why my.msn.com cannot be accessed?

Thanks for your time,
Big Al Mintaka

StephenB

Oct 23, 2009, 7:50:11 PM10/23/09
Hi, Big Al.
I just checked and am able to login and display http://my.msn.com
Can you login at www.hotmail.com with your LiveID and see your mail?
Does the problem still exist for my.msn.com for you?
Does it exist if you first login on the Hotmail site and then go the the my.msn
site?
Have you tried deleting cookies and temporary Internet files?
What web browser and operating system are you using and when was the last time
you could access the site?
-steve

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

Bruce Hagen

Oct 23, 2009, 8:03:12 PM10/23/09
FYI: I have a Windows Live ID, but have never used Hotmail and have the same
issue. Apparently, it is not just a Hotmail user problem.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"StephenB" <sbo...@mvps.org> wrote in message

...winston

Oct 23, 2009, 9:19:03 PM10/23/09
Could be regional or a localized server issue or intermittent.

Tried with three Live ID's. One never used for Hotmail, one third party email address registered as a Live ID(no Hotmail account),
and finally one with an extensively used Hotmail account at both My.msn.com and Home.live.com

They all load the My.Msn.com and Home.live.com page, but last Live ID's Hotmail content module was not updated (My.msn.com) nor is
the Custom Details option available, yet the four options(compose, inbox, contacts, and calendar all redirect properly)...same
results with IE6 on XP, IE7 Vista, IE8 Win7... All IE's(begrudgingly <g>) were set to default security settings prior to access.

If I navigate while still signed on with that same Hotmail account Live ID to Home.live.com, the Mail status shows 'Your inbox is
empty right now' when in fact accessing the Inbox shows 6 messages.

Lol...Returning to either page (my.msn.com or home.live.com) without signing off, yields acceptable results...everything updated
and accessible. Go figure.

Fyi...
My.Live.com (which refers to the modules as gadgets) and more user configurable for controlling content(tabs called pages are used
for different subject categories) functioned without issue for Hotmail and other gadgets(News, Sports, Weather, iTunes)

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

Bruce Hagen

Oct 23, 2009, 10:53:21 PM10/23/09
It's screwy. Can't be regional because there is no problem on my Vista
machine, only on my XP. Tried a direct modem connect to eliminate a router
issue and still had the problem.

This is what I have been seeing for two days now:
http://i37.tinypic.com/1t5wuv.gif
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"...winston" <winst...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Drummer

Oct 23, 2009, 10:56:01 PM10/23/09
Here is what I’ve been experiencing with my.msn.com since Thursday (MSN
Premium).

If I sign in using Internet Explorer, it works just fine. If I sign in
using MSN Explorer, the my.msn page has all the customization of the user ID
that last signed in while the MSN mail does have the correct user ID account.
I currently have 4 accounts set up on the MSN Explorer sign-in screen.
So if I use IE to sign in as user AAA, then sign out and close IE, then sign
in to MSN Explorer as BBB, the my.msn page will be that of AAA with the email
of BBB. If I switch members directly through MSN Explorer, the my.msn page
will be the same as the prior one.

I was told by tech.support on Thursday evening that they were aware of a
sync problem with the my.msn page. They said try it again in 4 hours. It
still does not work as of yet.

"StephenB" wrote:

> .

Big Al Mintaka

Oct 23, 2009, 11:39:01 PM10/23/09

"StephenB" wrote:

> .

Hi Steve,
Looks like an issue with FireFox 3.5.3. I tried IE 7 and was able to access
my.msn.com OK. Chrome 3.0.195.27 worked OK too.

In my case the glitch with FireFox could be the browser itself not handling
something correctly at my.msn.com, but I also have many add-ons. If one or
more of the add-ons is(are) doing it, it'll take me a while to chase this
down.

Another possibility is Java. There's been an update this week.

Lotta variables. Well, at least I know where to start: FireFox 3.5.3.

If I can figure this out, and remember where this thread is, I'll post the
solution here.

Thanks for the response and have a good one,
Big Al Mintaka

Bruce Hagen

Oct 23, 2009, 11:57:15 PM10/23/09

"Big Al Mintaka" <BigAlM...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Well, it's not FireFox, (I don't have it. Using IE7), and it's not Java. I
removed it and rebooted and still get this.

David in AJ

Oct 24, 2009, 8:56:01 AM10/24/09
I am having the same issue.
Using IE8 on XP Pro
When I open My MSN page first page comes up with my correct settings. If I
try to use my other MY MSN tabs for example the technology tab at the top of
the main page I get the same error message. Cannot go back either.

If I close the browser and reopen same error. If I sign out of Windows live
and then sign back page comes up to the page that I was try to go with the
tab. Then using the tabs to go to the personnal page get the same error.

It "feels" like a corruption of my personal settings but I do not think they
are all lost because I can get the weather page, the technology page and the
personal page to come up IF I SIGN OUT an then SIGN IN to windows live id.

This started on 10/23/2009 around 05:30 MST.

I can get around it but this is a tad annnoying.

Hope we can figure the glitch out soon
--
I can choose

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> .

Big Al Mintaka

Oct 24, 2009, 11:09:01 AM10/24/09
"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Well, it's not FireFox, (I don't have it. Using IE7), and it's not Java. I
> removed it and rebooted and still get this.
>
> http://i37.tinypic.com/1t5wuv.gif
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA

Bizarre. Yet FireFox is the only browser of the 3 I've tried that has this
problem.

It's AM now in EDT land and it's still broken. At this point I don't have a
clue.

Also, my father reports from FL that he is able to access my.msn.com using
FireFox 3.5.3.

There is a difference in our services. My father's provider is Verizon DSL.
Mine is Comcast broadband. I've noticed lately that websites have been slow
to load, and Traceroute shows that packets are being routed throughout the US
and Canada for what should be simpler hops. Maybe this is related, maybe not.

As I've said elsewhere in this thread, there are too many variables.
Isolating this won't be easy. Could the problem really be some kind of
"sync" problem with MSN as reported by another poster? What's a "sync
problem with MSN", anyway?

What the...

Later,
Big Al Mintaka

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Oct 24, 2009, 11:29:55 AM10/24/09
I've been getting a "Your request could not be processed at this time,
please refresh this page or try again later" error at my.msn.com since
Thursday, 22 Oct-09. Methinks they gave the apes manning the server farms
too many fermented bananas at their Windows 7 Launch Party. <VBEG>

...winston wrote:
> Could be regional or a localized server issue or intermittent.
>
> Tried with three Live ID's. One never used for Hotmail, one third party
> email address registered as a Live ID(no Hotmail account), and finally one
> with an extensively used Hotmail account at both My.msn.com and
> Home.live.com
> They all load the My.Msn.com and Home.live.com page, but last Live ID's
> Hotmail content module was not updated (My.msn.com) nor is the Custom
> Details option available, yet the four options(compose, inbox, contacts,
> and calendar all redirect properly)...same results with IE6 on XP, IE7
> Vista, IE8 Win7... All IE's(begrudgingly <g>) were set to default security
> settings prior to access.
> If I navigate while still signed on with that same Hotmail account Live ID
> to Home.live.com, the Mail status shows 'Your inbox is empty right now'
> when in fact accessing the Inbox shows 6 messages.
> Lol...Returning to either page (my.msn.com or home.live.com) without
> signing off, yields acceptable results...everything updated and
> accessible.
> Go figure.
> Fyi...
> My.Live.com (which refers to the modules as gadgets) and more user
> configurable for controlling content(tabs called pages are used for
> different subject categories) functioned without issue for Hotmail and
> other gadgets(News, Sports, Weather, iTunes)

Bruce Hagen

Oct 24, 2009, 12:14:59 PM10/24/09

"Big Al Mintaka" <BigAlM...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I don't think the browser is the issue. I see this problem on my XP machine
with IE7, yet my Vista machine with IE7 works fine.

...winston

Oct 24, 2009, 2:06:30 PM10/24/09
Lol..
Remember this is MSN/Hotmail....for years we've seen variation on who can/can't access something at any given point or period of
time.

I wish I could duplicate the no access issue..
Since yesterday, I've cycled through 8 different Live ID's (Hotmail account capable and 3rd party registered)in XP and Vista, and 3
of those in Win7. Even going so far to image an XP/IE6 drive then adding IE7, testing again, adding IE8 testing again...same
results with each IE version set to default in Security and Advanced option. Msn.com is not added to Trusted sites.

It may or may not be regional, but it sure seems its ID related for some and not others.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

Peter Foldes

Oct 24, 2009, 2:27:28 PM10/24/09
Bruce

Just out of curiosity does the following link below open for you on your XP

http://www.msn.com/?st=1

--
Peter

"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

Bruce Hagen

Oct 24, 2009, 2:36:51 PM10/24/09
Yes. But that is the MSN home page. The issue is with the customizable My
MSN home page.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Peter Foldes

Oct 24, 2009, 3:56:04 PM10/24/09
Understood Bruce. But I was only curios as if that opens at your end. The reason for
it that both My MSN and that http://www.msn.com/?st=1 does not open since yesterday
for me. Everything else is normal. Since I am on the East coast and you on the West
,I was curios if it is only localized,
Thanks for the info

--
Peter

"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

Bruce Hagen

Oct 24, 2009, 4:03:28 PM10/24/09
Any difference if you leave off the tail end of the link?

http://www.msn.com/
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA

"Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Peter Foldes

Oct 24, 2009, 5:29:18 PM10/24/09
Bruce

It is the same with it or without it. I added that extension because it then goes to
another server on the network and sometimes that shows if the problem is
intermittent or across the msn network. So it seems that the issue is nationwide.
Thanks

--
Peter

"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

Bruce Hagen

Oct 27, 2009, 11:34:06 AM10/27/09
FWIW, I just got this reply from the message I sent to MSN help on Oct 23:

Dear Bruce,

Thank you for writing to MSN Technical Support. This is Mahen.

Bruce, based on your description of the problem, I've determined your
concern is related to an issue being investigated by our technical team.

We do not yet have a definite timeframe for a resolution, but we are
currently working to resolve the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you, and thank you
for your patience.

We appreciate your continued support, as we strive to provide you with the
highest quality service available.

Thank you for using MSN.

Sincerely,

Mahen
MSN Technical Support.

seantmac

Oct 28, 2009, 1:10:08 PM10/28/09
I have the same problem on my machine (XP) with FireFox 3.5.3 but also
with IE6.

PA Bear, MS MVP

Nov 5, 2009, 10:53:04 AM11/5/09
[x-post to IE General]

This just in!...

Microsoft Redesigns MSN Portal
<QP>
The redesign, which has been in the works for months, bears quite a
bit of resemblance to the one that Microsoft had been testing in
France.

Microsoft late Tuesday began rolling out the new MSN home page
[ http://preview.msn.com/ ], which it says will become widely
available in the U.S. early in 2010.

With its new look, the home page has about half as many links as the
video, news, shopping, and search.

The old site had dozens of text links at the top and bottom of the
page for everything from horoscopes to white pages to a free trial of
MSN's dial-up Internet service.

The company has, in the past, tried to make changes that its users saw
as too radical, such as a 2007 overhaul of Hotmail that the company
was forced to significantly scale back. Visse said he isn't as worried
about that, given that users were already complaining that the site
was both dated and overstuffed with links.

"We were, frankly, at a point where customers are complaining about
the clutter," he said.

Microsoft is also trying to tap into the popularity of social
networks, adding a column on the right-hand side that lets users peek
at their Windows Live, Twitter, and Facebook feeds, and even update
their status or post a tweet. As before, users can also see a preview
of their Hotmail in-box.

But it will take its time in jumping on the Web apps bandwagon, with
plans to offer several Silverlight-based apps on the right-hand side
of the redesigned page at a later date. In the past, MSN users have
not customized their pages to a large degree, and so Microsoft is
going to take a wait-and-see approach before it decides whether it
will roll out more apps than the Windows Live, Twitter, and Facebook
apps available at launch...
</QP>
Source: http://news.cnet.com/8301-30684_3-10389587-265.html

On Oct 23, 8:19 pm, winston wrote:
> Could be regional or a localized server issue or intermittent.
>
> Tried with three Live ID's. One never used for Hotmail, one third party email address registered as a Live ID(no Hotmail account),
> and finally one with an extensively used Hotmail account at both My.msn.com and Home.live.com
>
> They all load the My.Msn.com and Home.live.com page, but last Live ID's Hotmail content module was not updated (My.msn.com) nor is
> the Custom Details option available, yet the four options(compose, inbox, contacts, and calendar all redirect properly)...same
> results with IE6 on XP, IE7 Vista, IE8 Win7... All IE's(begrudgingly <g>) were set to default security settings prior to access.
>
> If I navigate while still signed on with that same Hotmail account Live ID to Home.live.com, the Mail status shows 'Your inbox is
> empty right now' when in fact accessing the Inbox shows 6 messages.
>
> Lol...Returning to either page (my.msn.com or home.live.com) without signing off, yields acceptable results...everything updated
> and accessible. Go figure.
>
> Fyi...
>  My.Live.com (which refers to the modules as gadgets) and more user configurable for controlling content(tabs called pages are used
> for different subject categories) functioned without issue for Hotmail and other gadgets(News, Sports, Weather, iTunes)
>

> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>> FYI: I have a Windows Live ID, but have never used Hotmail and have the same issue. Apparently, it is not just a Hotmail user
>> problem.

<SNIP>

Bruce Hagen

Nov 5, 2009, 11:41:19 AM11/5/09
A workaround, or fix? I went with Pageflakes.

The Top Personalized Start Pages
Which Custom Home Page Is Right For You?
http://webtrends.about.com/od/personalizedstartpages/tp/Top-Personalized-Start-Pages.htm

PA Bear, MS MVP

Nov 5, 2009, 12:35:14 PM11/5/09

Bruce Hagen

bobster

Nov 5, 2009, 2:54:56 PM11/5/09
Any news about an upgrade to my.msn.com?

...winston

Nov 5, 2009, 3:43:44 PM11/5/09
Nothing mentioned in the press pass or the preview.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2009/nov09/11-03MSNPreview.mspx

http://preview.msn.com/

After sign on with a Live ID at the latter, click on Settings, MyMsn is an option.
- at this end it loaded the same MyMsn page that I've seen for quite some time(still retaining my personalized
settings)...nothing new.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 5, 2009, 4:21:35 PM11/5/09
Have you read any of the other replies posted today?

bobster

Nov 5, 2009, 4:54:09 PM11/5/09
Yes, PA, I have. Apparently you don't know the difference between msn.com
and my.msn.com. They are two completely different things and all of the
whether there will also be changes in my.msn.com as well as msn.com. Your
constant confrontational tone gets wearing.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 5, 2009, 5:14:53 PM11/5/09
<kindly> Your snipping the quoted conversation in your replies gets wearing,
too, my friend. Who knows to what or to whom you're referring when you do
that?

bobster

Nov 5, 2009, 6:03:09 PM11/5/09

Touche, Bear
I had unchecked "include message in reply" as that is my normal mode in
personal emails, but I forget to re-enable it for this board. Sorry about
that.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

...winston

Nov 5, 2009, 11:07:56 PM11/5/09
Posted earlier in this thread.....regarding mymsn.com, nothing new at this end.
The only recent info was posted by Bruce H in this forum on an inability to access support request that yield a 'yes we're aware of
it, unsure when resolution will occur'. Nothing about upgrading my.msn nor have I seen anything released elsewhere.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

bobster

Nov 6, 2009, 12:49:30 AM11/6/09

Thanks, Winston.

I've used my.msn.com for many years and have it nicely customized to my
needs. I hope they don't screw it up or decide to eliminate it in favor of
the new msn.com configuration.

"...winston" <winst...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Bruce Hagen

doctorindyj

Nov 6, 2009, 12:31:05 PM11/6/09
I can tell you exactly what the problem is. If you block ads in any
way shape or form that is when your page goes bye-bye. I've looked up
the problem in several different places and some of the suggestions of
turning off ad blockers seems to work. Make of that what you will.

Bruce Hagen

Nov 6, 2009, 1:13:32 PM11/6/09
Well, it was a good thought, but no go. I have been using this Hosts file:
(http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm) for a few months because the
advertisement on My MSN was eating up CPUs. All was well until October 23. I
removed the Hosts file program and rebooted. My MSN is still not available
and I have no other programs that come close to blocking ads.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"doctorindyj" <docto...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Bruce Hagen

Nov 6, 2009, 3:30:42 PM11/6/09
Scrutinize Add/Remove Programs including updates for Windows PowerShell. It
was offered a few weeks ago in Windows/Microsoft Updates.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/powershell/download.mspx

I just removed it and rebooted. My MSN is back. Fix, or coincidence? I don't
know and I don't care.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 6, 2009, 5:06:13 PM11/6/09
WOW!

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 6, 2009, 5:14:56 PM11/6/09
QED: Why was PowerShell v2.0 "pushed" by Automatic Updates a few weeks ago
in the first place, especially if PowerShell v1.x wasn't installed?

cf.
http://blogs.msdn.com/powershell/archive/2009/10/17/powershell-v2-virtual-launch-party.aspx
cf. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/psv2

CDR

Nov 7, 2009, 9:59:41 AM11/7/09
I removed Windows Power Shell (with warnings that several programs
may not work correctly) and My MSN is back when I use Internet Explorer
but not when I use Firefox.

"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

Bruce Hagen

Nov 7, 2009, 10:14:50 AM11/7/09
I never pay attention to those warnings. <wink> So, this would confirm that
PowerShell is at least playing a part.

In Firefox, can you now see Add A Page, or is that still missing?
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"CDR" <c...@BScomcast.net> wrote in message

CDR

Nov 8, 2009, 6:54:25 AM11/8/09
I can see Add A Page in Firefox but it doesn't work.
I get the following message when I try to add a page:
This operation could not be completed. Please try again later.
However it does work when using Internet Explorer!

"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

...winston

Nov 9, 2009, 2:48:44 AM11/9/09
Bobster,
Yes, I hope it works out for everyone.
I keep waiting and testing with different Live ID's for something to happen contrary to what I have configured quite some time
ago....nada. If and when it does, I'm sure I'll notice it..until then I can't really validate or invalidate any issue that some may
be experiencing the problem and not others...Hopefully Msn will at least notify when the issue is totally resolved.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

...winston

Nov 9, 2009, 4:06:57 AM11/9/09
Even more confusing for the peanut gallery.

I assumed Bruce was using PS on XP(based on posting with OE)

Does this mean that PS2.0 was pushed for XP via AU exclusive of Windows Management Framework Core(KB968930) when PS was either
installed/not installed ?

XPSp3 here...not a trace of PS1.0 or 2.0, nor it being offered via AU.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

...winston

Nov 9, 2009, 3:27:22 AM11/9/09
Same 'hosts' file and no other blocking here.
All is well, why...no clue whatsoever.

I did notice that once I accessed msnmember.msn.com without signon, that www.msn.com was no longer the loaded page(it is and
remained default in IE) when opening IE...msnmember.msn.com became the default. A subsequent sign on(with a subscription msn Live
ID) from msnmember.msn.com to My.Msn loads msnmember.my.msn.com with a module to access the MSN Member Center admin page(add sub
accounts, download software etc)

Signing off, clearing all msn.com cookies(after closing IE) returned IE opening to msn.com. A subsequent sign on with the same
subscription Live ID on msn.com using the MyMsn.com link loads my.msn.com and without the member center admin page.

Thus for those with a MSN subscription, different entry points may yield slightly different results.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

Bruce Hagen

Nov 9, 2009, 10:07:55 AM11/9/09
Reported earlier: Removing PowerShell fixed it for me.
--
~Bruce

"...winston" <winst...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Bruce Hagen

Nov 9, 2009, 10:13:24 AM11/9/09
AFAIK, PS has something to do with Office programs. I removed PS and in
Windows Updates & checked not show it again. My MSN was back. I had the
Standalone version of Office Word. I never used it, so I removed it and
downloaded the Word Viewer instead. Checked back at WU and PS is not hidden,
nor offered anymore.
--
~Bruce

"...winston" <winst...@gmail.com> wrote in message

CDR

Nov 9, 2009, 8:27:25 PM11/9/09
I've lost My MSN again.

"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

CDR

Nov 9, 2009, 8:55:08 PM11/9/09
However it still comes up on my backup computer which has IE7

"CDR" <c...@BScomcast.net> wrote in message

CDR

Nov 9, 2009, 9:02:50 PM11/9/09
Yes it fixed it for me for a while but I lost My Msn again earlier today.

"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

Bruce Hagen

Nov 9, 2009, 9:16:52 PM11/9/09
I have nothing to do with My MSN. I have only been sharing my experiences
here. Have you bothered to contact My MSN Support? I have twice. The more
people that do, the sooner the issue will be addressed.

If you can't find the link, here it is. Write them a letter and start
bitching.

My MSN Tech Support.
https://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=mymsn&ct=eformts
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA

"CDR" <c...@BScomcast.net> wrote in message

...winston

Nov 10, 2009, 1:34:00 AM11/10/09
A variety of Office 03/07 here...no Power Shell..
I don't have 2010 installed..might that be the version involved.

For some reason I was under the impression that for Power Shell to function with Office(at least 2007), the Power Tools for Open
XML needed to be installed in addition to Power Shell and the Power Tools required VS2008..

As mentioned previously...confusing..

--
...winston
MS-MVP[Mail]

...winston

Nov 10, 2009, 1:27:46 AM11/10/09
Yes, I understand that but their must be more than one variable involved..
Power Shell is not installed here.
Today 2 Live ID's while loading my.msn.com fail to have the previous customized settings with one module exception(Hotmail)

--
...winston
MS-MVP[Mail]

Robert Aldwinckle

Nov 10, 2009, 10:39:06 AM11/10/09

"...winston" <winst...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uxnwg$cYKHA...@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
<QP>

Yes, I understand that but their must be more than one variable involved..
Power Shell is not installed here.
Today 2 Live ID's while loading my.msn.com fail to have the previous customized settings with one module exception(Hotmail)
</QP>

On which OS? This sounds like an implementation which depends on
Cookies, so in Vista you may have to consider whether the Cookies
are going into the regular Cookies directory or into Vista's new Low one.
An additional complication then is that the Cookie viewer doesn't show
you much any more. So, I would use dir/od/ta in a cmd window in both
directories to find out for sure what was going on with them.

BTW it might help to repeat the symptom description here (in Robear's
cross-post) or provide a link to wherever it is. I've read through this
twice and still am unclear what people think they are seeing. ; )

Has anybody tried using Fiddler and ProcMon to figure out what
is happening/not happening? <eg>

Robert
---

CE Wood

Nov 10, 2009, 7:10:50 PM11/10/09
I bet it has something to do with Bing. There is a genealogy app
called Legacy that maps locations using Bing. That began not working
correctly at the same time as My MSN. An API goof up by MS. Trying
to put Bing into everything, and tweaking something in Bing, has
caused major problems. Unfortunately, MS doesn't seem to care.

Agree that it's time to find a different Home Page since Microsoft
isn't responding to the problems with its own software, MSN!!

CE