RE: photo share server

jenmn

Dec 11, 2006, 11:46:00 PM12/11/06

"Luis [msn]" wrote:

> nlahey,
>
> You need to make sure that your antivirus or firewall isnt blocking access,
> or you will not be able to send any information wether they be e-mails or
> pictures. Hopes this helps.
>
> Luis
> --
> [ This posting is provided "AS IS";MSN will in no way be held responsible
> for the free support provided during this session. Use At your own risk.]
>

> "nlahey" wrote:
>
> > For a few days now I'm unable to send photos via photo share. They get stuck
> > in the outbox. I get a message to the effect that the photo share server is
> > UNAVAILABLE. I've been with Verizon online support. They were unable to
> > rectify the problem. They have forwarded my 'ticket' to Microsoft. Could be
> > days before I get a response. Any ideas?

jenmn

Dec 11, 2006, 11:49:00 PM12/11/06
I am having the same problem and have been for almost a month. I get no
answers from anyone. and am getting very frustrated with it. I call qwest
and they tell me to call msn, i call them or email them and they tell me to
call qwest. Surely they have to know there is a problem. If anyone knows
what is going on it would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Burroughs [MSFT]

Dec 12, 2006, 11:48:02 AM12/12/06
Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response. This problem was caused by a bug in our
software that occurs on some machines and not others. We have released a
script that will fix the problem. Simply point your browser to

http://autoupdate.msn.com/photoemailfix.hta

And photo mail will begin working.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

jenmn

Dec 12, 2006, 2:54:00 PM12/12/06
So is this supposed to work for everyone? i have service thru qwest and I
tried clicking on the link(the one you have posted below) and all it did for
me was changed my home page to verizon, whom i do not go through, and now
have no idea how to change that back and also still can not send out any
photos.

Chris Burroughs [MSFT]

Dec 12, 2006, 4:10:00 PM12/12/06
Hi Jenmn,

This should work for everyone and the script certainly does not do anything
with the home page. Let me get some basic information from you so I can look
into getting your home page back and getting photomail to work. Lets start
with the following

1. What version of Windows do you have, including service pack?
2. Does your machine contain either Microsoft Picture it or Microsoft
digital image suite?

While I await your response I'll investigate some things on my end.

Thanks!

jenmn

Dec 12, 2006, 4:39:01 PM12/12/06
To those who need help still, i actually just got off the phone with msn.
What they had me do was remove the msn program from the computer and then
reinstall the program through the website. And it actually worked, I am now
emailing photos again.
This is what i had to do:
go to start, click on control panel
find msn and click remove program
go to start , my computer and click on local disk c, program files, find the
msn folder (it will just say msn with nothing else after it) right click and
then hit delete.
then open up internet explorer and go to membercenter.msn.com (no www.
infront of this one).
then there should be a link to click to download the msn
then follow directions and you're done.
It was way easier than it was for me to actually get ahold of someone at
msn. Maybe next time they have a problem they could notify thier customers.

AmyT

Dec 14, 2006, 11:46:01 AM12/14/06

"Chris Burroughs [MSFT]" wrote:

Thanks for the link. It worked perfectly on my computer and now I am
sending photo's again after a month!

Billy

Dec 17, 2006, 3:23:01 PM12/17/06
Just wanted to say thanks for the link here. I was having the same problem,
and I'm on cable, not that matters I guess.

Have been trying to send important slideshows for awhile now. Just
dowloaded that link. Double clicked on the fix in the folder I downloaded it
to, and reopened my msn premium and sent a slideshow... Worked perfectly..

Thanks so much since I wasn't getting an answer either. Appreciate it
much... Billy

H@discussions.microsoft.com Bob H

Dec 23, 2006, 3:09:00 PM12/23/06
I have tried this twice with no results, and getting through to MSN is not
worth the time spent on hold, hopefully they might fix it soon. Now I know
why all my friends are switching to ComCast ot Quest. Bob H

byese

Dec 28, 2006, 1:26:00 PM12/28/06
I have been unable to share photos for over a month. MSN sent me to Qwest,
which has totally resolved my problem and now it's working fine. Call DSL
Tech support and they walk you through it.

nuke...@msn.com

Jan 26, 2007, 12:41:25 PM1/26/07
Jenmn's fix worked beautifully for me.Hats off to her for sharing the
info.