Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 and Win98SE

Franc Zabkar

Jul 21, 2005, 6:04:19 PM7/21/05
I'm trying to get an MS Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 (model 1007)
wireless optical mouse to work with Win98SE. Microsoft's Intellipoint
software (ver 5.2) is limited to Win2K and XP. An earlier version
(v4.12) causes the mouse to jump erratically. The standard mouse
driver works fine but doesn't give access to the side buttons or to
the tilt wheel. I've tried selecting several different mouse models in
Intellipoint's drop down list (ver 2.0 is not listed) but all exhibit
the same problem, namely that the cursor will jump about 10cm in a 45
degree direction towards the lower left.

Is there any solution? Will a third party driver for another brand of
mouse (eg Logitech) work?

- Franc Zabkar

Steve Sullivan

Jul 21, 2005, 7:52:45 PM7/21/05
You'd probably have to find a version 2.x oe 3.x driver for compatibility
reasons.

Steve

"Franc Zabkar" <fza...@optussnet.com.au> wrote in message

Gary Tsang

Jul 21, 2005, 10:09:18 PM7/21/05
Note that the earlier versions will not support the tilt wheel...

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Steve Sullivan" <ssullivan...@mvps.org> wrote in message