Money is already running

NJDvsF'ers

May 21, 2006, 10:18:29 PM5/21/06
Sometimes when I attempt to start Money 2006 SB, I receive the following in
a small window "Money is already running". The only way to open money again
is to log off or restart. Anyone have any ideas how to rectify?

--
Christopher J. Fazio, V.M.D.
Hope, New Jersey

Bob Peel, MVP

May 22, 2006, 2:19:20 AM5/22/06
This is a known problem but MS have been unable to track down exactly what
causes it.

If you are on-line it could be that there is an account update that hasn't
completed and the process is still trying to run in background.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"NJDvsF'ers" <cfa...@erols.com> wrote in message

Cal Learner-- MVP

May 22, 2006, 9:33:50 AM5/22/06
In microsoft.public.money, NJDvsF'ers wrote:

>Sometimes when I attempt to start Money 2006 SB, I receive the following in
>a small window "Money is already running". The only way to open money again
>is to log off or restart. Anyone have any ideas how to rectify?

One person reported the problem did not occur when letting Money
finish closing before switching over to another application.

You might consider turning off background banking if you are not
using those features. You could turn off
Tools->Settings->AccessYourMoneyDataOnTheWeb.

Let us know if one of these helps.

You should also be able to kill Money with the task manager, that
you access with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in XP. On the process tab,
right-click msmoney.exe, and choose EndProcessTree.

You should then be able to restart Money.

Cal Learner-- MVP

May 22, 2006, 9:41:16 AM5/22/06
In microsoft.public.money, Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, NJDvsF'ers wrote:
>
>>Sometimes when I attempt to start Money 2006 SB, I receive the following in
>>a small window "Money is already running". The only way to open money again
>>is to log off or restart. Anyone have any ideas how to rectify?

Incidentally, I don't have that problem.