Managment Pack error

Marcel Gottschlich

Jul 19, 2005, 12:19:02 PM7/19/05
hello,

I have some trouble removing the active directory managment pack helper
object from my servers. It says that I have not enough rights to start the
mom service. But I removed the agent before. Any guesses?

Marcel

Stephanie Couch [MSFT]

Jul 19, 2005, 12:52:38 PM7/19/05
The Active Directory Helper Objects require the ability to stop and start
the MOM Service during uninstall. If the MOM Service is not present, the
uninstall will fail. If you need to remove these objects, the workaround is
to reinstall the MOM agent and first uninstall the helper objects.

From the relnotes:
Remove Microsoft Active Directory Management Pack Helper Objects Before
Removing MOM Agent
If you are removing the Microsoft Active Directory Management Pack Helper
Objects (OOMADS.DLL), you must remove it before removing the MOM agent. To
Remove the Helper Objects, use Add or Remove Programs.

WORKAROUND: None.

--
Thanks!

Stephanie Couch [MSFT]
Microsoft Operations Manager Test

OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of
included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"
"Marcel Gottschlich" <MarcelGo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7BDAE9D8-FCD3-485C...@microsoft.com...