MOM Agent Discory script fails on Windows XP

Stefan

Feb 23, 2006, 5:26:35 AM2/23/06
On a Windows XP machine the MOM Agent Discovery Script fails.
I've searched and found the next on
http://www.winserverhelp.com/ftopic34892.html

I've created a task as suggested. And got the next result from the task:
The task 'MOM Test Scripts\MOM Agent Service Discovery Test' has
successfully executed against 'Computer:DOMAIN\SERVERNAME'.
Task Id: {F9F76A44-B3C9-43EE-97B4-6748D4EA3DD9}
Execution Id: {07CF86AB-047B-4FC2-98FD-601A8305AFC4}
Launched By: DOMAIN\admin

The following output has been generated:

'[Trace]:MOM Agent Service Discovery starting: at machine local time:
11:09:01 AM
[Trace]:Creating DiscoveryData packet.
[Trace]:Creating MOM Agent Instance: DOMAIN\SERVERNAME
[Trace]:Value of Registry Key: SOFTWARE\Mission Critical
Software\OnePoint\ServiceVersion = 5.0.2911.0
[Trace]:Value of Registry Key: SOFTWARE\Mission Critical
Software\OnePoint\Configurations\MOM
2005\Operations\Agent\Consolidators\Consolidator 1 Host = sw001010.DOMAIN.prd
[Trace]:MOM Agent primary Server = sw001010.DOMAIN.prd
Registry value [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Mission Critical
Software\OnePoint\Configurations\MOM
2005\Operations\Agent\Consolidators\Consolidator 2 Host] not found
[Error]: Reading Registry Key: SOFTWARE\Mission Critical
Software\OnePoint\Configurations\MOM
2005\Operations\Agent\Consolidators\Consolidator 2 Host Failed!
[Trace]:Failed reading MOM Agent's secondary Server. NULL value will be
returned.
[Trace]:Value of Registry Key: SOFTWARE\Mission Critical
Software\OnePoint\Configurations\MOM
2005\Operations\Agent\Consolidators\Consolidator 1 Host = sw001010.DOMAIN.prd
[Trace]:MOM Agent primary Server = sw001010.DOMAIN.prd
Registry value [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Mission Critical
Software\OnePoint\Configurations\MOM
2005\Operations\Agent\Consolidators\Consolidator 2 Host] not found
[Error]: Reading Registry Key: SOFTWARE\Mission Critical
Software\OnePoint\Configurations\MOM
2005\Operations\Agent\Consolidators\Consolidator 2 Host Failed!
[Trace]:Failed reading MOM Agent's secondary Server. NULL value will be
returned.
[Trace]:Connecting to WMI Registry :
winmgmts:\\SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.prd\root\default:StdRegProv
[Trace]:Connecting to WMI Registry :
winmgmts:\\SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.prd\root\default:StdRegProv
Registry key [HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MOMCONN] not found
[Error]: Reading Registry Key:
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MOMCONN\DisplayName Failed!
Registry value [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations
Manager\2.0\Setup\DatabaseVersion] not found
[Error]: Reading Registry Key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations
Manager\2.0\Setup\DatabaseVersion Failed!
Registry key [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\System Center\Enterprise Data
Warehouse] not found
[Error]: Reading Registry Key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\System Center\Enterprise
Data Warehouse\VersionNumber Failed!
Registry value [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations
Manager\2.0\Setup\ServerVersion] not found
[Error]: Reading Registry Key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations
Manager\2.0\Setup\ServerVersion Failed!
[Trace]:Submitting Discovery data packet.
[Trace]:Done with Service Discovery Script at local time: 11:09:02 AM

Should I change the local system account where the MOMService is running
under?

Regards,
Stefan Stranger
http://weblog.stranger.nl

Daniel Lai [MVP-Management Infrastructure]

Feb 23, 2006, 8:05:39 AM2/23/06

Hello,

Thank you for your posting!

Yes, You should use Local System

If you have any questions, please feel to let me know. I am glad to be of
assistance.

--
Daniel Lai
MVP-Management Infrastructure
GCR Microsoft IT Academy Mentor
GCR Culminis Council Member, Speaker (Hong Kong & Taiwan)
http://msmvps.com/daniel

"Stefan" <ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Stefan

Feb 23, 2006, 8:20:29 AM2/23/06
Hi Daniel,

It's running under the local system account, but that's generating the
alerts. In the article mentioned they suggested to use a local admin account.
But that also didn't do the trick, but maybe I should give that account more
Local Security Policies.

Regards,
Stefan Stranger
http://weblog.stranger.nl