Office 2008 and Exposé

mc...@officeformac.com

Jan 16, 2008, 5:55:30 PM1/16/08
I am having some funny issues with Office 2008 and Exposé in Leopard.

In Exposé, when the mouse pointer is hovering above a window, the window will be highlighted and in the middle, it will display the title of the page (e.g. if I was viewing this "ask a new question" page in Safari while in Exposé, it will have a title "Office for Mac Office").

However, Word doesn't highlight itself in Exposé, though it goes to Word when I click it... Why is this? Are there compatibility issues here?

pben...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2008, 7:16:10 PM1/17/08

I get the same thing! Hopefully M$ releases an update!!

mc...@officeformac.com

Jan 17, 2008, 7:29:01 PM1/17/08
I should add - it seems to happen only in Word 2008, not Excel, PowerPoint or Entourage.

John McGhie

Jan 18, 2008, 7:22:17 AM1/18/08
Yes, there are a few compatibility issues with OS 10.5 and Office 2004.

Updates are expected, from Apple and Microsoft, to address them.

Cheers

On 18/01/08 9:59 AM, in article ee88...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"mc...@officeformac.com" <mc...@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I should add - it seems to happen only in Word 2008, not Excel, PowerPoint or
> Entourage.

Please reply in the group. Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:jo...@mcghie.name

mc...@officeformac.com

Jan 18, 2008, 12:37:37 PM1/18/08
John - thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am getting this problem on Office *2008*, the latest version released earlier this week, not Office 2004.

Word and Expose doesn't seem to be compatible, but Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage all work fine.

Curt Laird

Jan 18, 2008, 6:12:42 PM1/18/08
This is a known issue and we are working to address it.

Thanks,

Curt

--
Curt Laird
Software Development Engineer in Test

This posting is provided ³AS IS² with no warranties, and confers no rights.

On 1/17/08 4:16 PM, in article
e6a0b350-9fd7-4fed...@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com,

mc...@officeformac.com

Jan 18, 2008, 7:25:48 PM1/18/08
Thank you Curt for your reply. Look forward to an update some time!

Unknown

Jan 24, 2008, 2:41:37 PM1/24/08
I'm getting the same problem--I'm running the OS Tiger 10.4.11 and the expose problem only happens with Word 2008, not Powerpoint or Excel.

drh...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2008, 7:02:01 PM1/28/08

Is there a time frame where you expect this fix for Expose to occur.
I am a heavy Word user like millions of others and this would be
greatly appreciated after spending so much money on office 2008!

John McGhie

Jan 29, 2008, 6:55:47 AM1/29/08
Microsoft is unlikely to answer your question. Public Corporations in the
USA can get themselves into almost all the trouble there Is, by making
"future-looking" statements.

The rest of us are only guessing. "My" guess is that we'll get a fix for
many of the issues we are seeing within one to three months.

The Expose issue and the Spaces issues may take a little longer, because
they are also dependent on work being done on the Apple side. I am assuming
that Microsoft won't be able to finalise their fix until Apple releases
theirs.

Hope this helps

On 29/01/08 9:32 AM, in article
9be8c931-7363-4a81...@m34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com,
"drh...@gmail.com" <drh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Unknown

Feb 8, 2008, 1:21:31 PM2/8/08
noticed the same thing but with spaces if u switch spaces it glitches out and everytime u click a document it disappers

euro...@officeformac.com

Mar 13, 2008, 3:35:45 AM3/13/08
Hey folks,

let me just add that the update didn't do anything about this issue... Btw: did you notice any change in stability and speed (because I didn't)?

Regards,
Alex
Duesseldorf, Germany

John McGhie

Mar 14, 2008, 8:52:41 AM3/14/08
Yes. Sorry, "next time".

The list of fixes is here:

On 13/3/08 5:05 PM, in article ee88e...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"euro...@officeformac.com" <euro...@officeformac.com> wrote:

Please reply in the group. Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/

Sydney, Australia. S33°53'34.20 E151°14'54.50

Brian

Mar 24, 2008, 12:17:12 PM3/24/08
On Mar 14, 8:52 am, John McGhie <j...@mcghie.name> wrote:
> Yes.  Sorry, "next time".
>
> The list of fixes is here:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/948057
>
> On 13/3/08 5:05 PM, in article ee88e24...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,

> "eurovi...@officeformac.com" <eurovi...@officeformac.com> wrote:
> > Hey folks,
>
> > let me just add that the update didn't do anything about this issue... Btw:
> > did you notice any change in stability and speed (because I didn't)?
>
> > Regards,
> > Alex
> > Duesseldorf, Germany
>
> --
> Don't wait for your answer, click here:http://www.word.mvps.org/
>
> Please reply in the group.  Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.
>
> John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltdhttp://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/

> Sydney, Australia.  S33°53'34.20 E151°14'54.50
> +61 4 1209 1410, mailto:j...@mcghie.name

This thread was informative - glad there are some people working on
this. Considering expose is such a widely used osx feature i would
hope microsoft wouldn't be mañana about it...right?

Brian
College Student

John McGhie

Mar 25, 2008, 11:48:05 PM3/25/08
Hi Brian:

Well, I don't want to ruin your day, but I doubt if Expose is right up there
on the priority list :-)

I haven't used it yet, and it's been three years :-)

For me, the issue is that it conflicts with two of the three function keys I
use constantly.

Cheers

On 25/03/08 3:17 AM, in article
9b458246-bfa3-4078...@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com, "Brian"
<episcop...@gmail.com> wrote:

+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:jo...@mcghie.name

Daiya Mitchell

Mar 26, 2008, 10:41:05 AM3/26/08
John McGhie wrote:
> Hi Brian:
>
> Well, I don't want to ruin your day, but I doubt if Expose is right up there
> on the priority list :-)
>
> I haven't used it yet, and it's been three years :-)
>
> For me, the issue is that it conflicts with two of the three function keys I
> use constantly.

John, seriously. :) You can re-assign the function keys for Expose.

Actually, I don't use it either--it's either too easily to annoyingly
trigger accidentally, or too hard to remember what I set as the
triggers. But that's not an issue with Expose, I just don't have it set
up right.

nona...@gmail.com

May 19, 2008, 12:37:48 PM5/19/08

Hi is there any update on this issue?