Save sound Office 2004 Word

Dan Richardson

May 28, 2004, 8:19:25 AM5/28/04
In Office X word used to make a sound when a document was saved-- I
found that useful.

In 2004 that sound is no longer there and I cannot figure out how to turn it
on.

Can anyone help?

Paul Berkowitz

May 28, 2004, 11:07:58 AM5/28/04
On 5/28/04 5:19 AM, in article 1b7001c444ae$03d2ee50$7d02...@phx.gbl, "Dan
Richardson" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Word/Preferences/General/Provide feedback with sound

I don't know if that pref should have been "inherited" by 2004 from X:
probably not. Perhaps the default in X was to have it on and in 2004 off
(don't think so), or maybe you turned it off in a frenzy of "cleaning up"?
Anyway, if it's on and you still get no sound, there's something wrong. Try
removing the ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/com.microsoft.Word.prefs.plist
file and launching Word. (You'll have other prefs to reset too.)

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP Entourage

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Entourage you are using - **2004**, X
or 2001. It's often impossible to answer your questions otherwise.

Phillip M. Jones, CE.T.

May 28, 2004, 6:03:45 PM5/28/04
Paul Berkowitz wrote:
> On 5/28/04 5:19 AM, in article 1b7001c444ae$03d2ee50$7d02...@phx.gbl, "Dan
> Richardson" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

>>In Office X word used to make a sound when a document was saved-- I
>>found that useful.
>>
>>In 2004 that sound is no longer there and I cannot figure out how to turn it
>>on.
>>
>>Can anyone help?
>

> Word/Preferences/General/Provide feedback with sound
>
> I don't know if that pref should have been "inherited" by 2004 from X:
> probably not. Perhaps the default in X was to have it on and in 2004 off
> (don't think so), or maybe you turned it off in a frenzy of "cleaning up"?
> Anyway, if it's on and you still get no sound, there's something wrong. Try
> removing the ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/com.microsoft.Word.prefs.plist
> file and launching Word. (You'll have other prefs to reset too.)

I've found all the way back to word 6.0.1a that the sound feedback is intermittent.
it may work two or three times in a row and and then not work two or three times in
a row. This is still the same on 2004 with OSX.3.4.

Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |pjo...@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:pjo...@kimbanet.com

<http://home.kimbanet.com/~pjones/birthday/index.htm>
<http://vpea.exis.net>

Dan Richardson

May 29, 2004, 9:14:46 AM5/29/04
Paul

Probably and dumb question, but how do you turn the sound on and off-- I
can't find that anywhere?

Dan

On 5/28/04 11:07 AM, in article BCDCA3DE.6620F%berkowit@spoof_silcom.com,

Phillip M. Jones, CE.T.

May 29, 2004, 11:57:07 AM5/29/04
Preferences > General. fourth item down. (first item is greyed out and automatically
checked for me.)
Provide feedback with sound. (To me the sounds are rather "cool" sounding.)

Dan Richardson

Jun 10, 2004, 7:48:30 AM6/10/04
>.

Dan Richardson