Any way to number comments like in word 2003 for PC?

Robert Kowalenko

Mar 31, 2006, 1:53:13 PM3/31/06
I would like to be able to refer my students to a specific comment just by
giving its number, but unlike MSW 2003 for PC, Word for Mac does not
automatically number comments (whether in balloon form or not). Any way at
all to turn on this feature in word 2004 for Mac?

Thanks

Robert Kowalenko

John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Apr 1, 2006, 3:56:49 AM4/1/06
Hi Robert:

Yes, there is. It doesn't work very well, but...

1) Insert a comment

2) Use Format>Style... The style "Comment Text" should be highlighted

3) Choose Modify>Format>Numbering

Add numbering to the Comment Text style. Any comment you insert will now be
numbered in the sequence it appears in the document.

This change will hold only for the currently-open document. You "could" add
the style to your Normal template. If you did, any future documents YOU
created would have numbered comments. However, documents your students
created would not.

You could record a macro while you apply numbering to the Comment Text
style. If you do that, and add that macro to your Normal template, you can
then apply numbering to the comments in any document with a single click.

Hope this helps

On 1/4/06 4:53 AM, in article C0533929.161%robertk...@yahoo.com,
"Robert Kowalenko" <robertk...@yahoo.com> wrote:

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <jo...@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410