Word / Excel 2004 and problems saving to Airport Extreme USB-Disks

Jeremy Baker

Feb 4, 2007, 3:32:15 PM2/4/07
Hi

I have installed one of the new Airport Extreme base stations, with
the ability to attach and serve up a USB hard drive. This is working
fine except for one issue - MS Word & Excel 2004 for Mac won't save
files to the hard drive.

When I try and save a file within Word I get a message telling me
there is a problem with the disk file format. I formatted the disk as
Mac OS Extended, just like my local hard drive.

I can copy files to the hard drive using Finder, and can save using
other programs - it is only Microsoft Office 2004 programs that cannot
save to this Airport Disk.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Regards

Jeremy

TheReale...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2007, 3:29:34 PM3/18/07

yes, i have had the exact same issue, and have yet to come up with a
solution. did you fare any better?

CyberTaz

Mar 18, 2007, 7:13:02 PM3/18/07
First things to consider:

OS X fully updated (10.4.9),
Office fully updated (11.3.4)
Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions

Beyond that, what type of Mac are you using and how *exactly* does the error
read? Does the drive appear in the Save As dialog as a selectable (mounted)
volume?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac