Proper use of English UK dictionary?

slimn...@officeformac.com

Jan 18, 2008, 8:16:56 AM1/18/08
Hello. I'm having an issue getting the dictionary right. This may be how it is supposed to work; if so let me know. I have three main questions at the end.

I have the custom dictionary set as English (UK) in preferences, however words like 'organisation' as marked as incorrect. Also the auto-correct is limited to US English is far as I can tell.

More annoyingly when I right-click on misspelled words the suggestions are solely in US English.

Thus:
1. Anyway to load a proper UK dictionary or setting?
a. to recognise 'organisation' etc to not be underlined in red?
b. so that auto-correct uses UK?
c. so that right-clicking the suggestions are UK English?

2. Or make Word us the OS X dictionary?
3. Make the Office dictionary learn the spelling?

Daiya Mitchell

Jan 18, 2008, 11:14:05 AM1/18/08
Your text needs to be formatted as UK English. Sounds like it is not.

Read the "set a default language" section here to get you
started---you'll see that the notion of "loading a UK dictionary" does
not really apply.
http://word.mvps.org/mac/SpellCheck.html

Once you have set text as UK English, try creating an AutoCorrect, and I
think it should only apply when you are typing in UK English. I've not
experimented with this particular one, but in general AutoCorrect is
language-dependent (you can have separate AutoCorrects for English and
Spanish, for instance).