Excel 08 default view is 2 pages?

Met...@officeformac.com

Mar 12, 2009, 8:49:18 AM3/12/09
Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

There is probably a simple answer to this, but I can't seem to find it in search. When I open a new document, the default view is 2 pages side by side where the the first one is columns A-F and the second one is grayed out and says click to add data with columns G-L. I can't get rid of this second page! I just want one nice clean empty page to work with.

Thanks!

Bob Greenblatt

Mar 12, 2009, 11:45:01 AM3/12/09
On 3/12/09 8:49 AM, in article 59b6f...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Met...@officeformac.com" <Met...@officeformac.com> wrote:

You can resize the window, switch views, or zoom. Or, make an worksheet
template that appears the way you want.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

Jim Gordon MVP

Mar 12, 2009, 5:31:11 PM3/12/09

You are seeing Page Layout view. As Bob said, can adjust the zoom to
make it bigger. You can also use View>Normal if you don't want to see
where printed pages will break.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

dr.n...@officeformac.com

Mar 13, 2009, 3:37:38 PM3/13/09
Excel 08 defaults to Page Layout view. I don't know why. Excel on Windows doesn't do this, and I've never actually met anyone in my field who prefers (or uses!) this view, but it's the default.

Met...@officeformac.com

Mar 13, 2009, 3:46:55 PM3/13/09
Thanks for your help. I switched back Normal view and also turned off page break to get rid of the dotted lines.

CyberTaz

Mar 14, 2009, 11:00:03 AM3/14/09
It's unclear whether you're aware of this so I thought I'd throw it in :-)

If you just change the view as suggested so far new sheets & new books will
still originate in Page Layout. To make the permanent change go to Excel>
Preferences - View & change the Preferred View for New Sheets.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/13/09 3:46 PM, in article 59b6f...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,

smoss...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2014, 7:17:42 AM4/24/14
That's great!! Why they seem to hide things in Excel for Mac I don't know - but this has just saved me punching my shiny new Mac...