where is the autorecovery files saved?

exco...@officeformac.com

Apr 9, 2010, 2:28:36 PM4/9/10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I closed a file without saving and need to go back in timemachine to get the autosave file. Where is it and what is the suffix?

Thanks

John McGhie

Apr 10, 2010, 12:38:46 AM4/10/10
AutoRecover saves files in the

  ~:Documents:MIcrosoft User Data:Office 2008 AutoRecovery:

folder. These files are hidden, and their file names starts with "~ar"

You can see hidden files if you navigate to the
folder above in Finder, type CMD-F, and choose FIle Invisible from the
Kind dropdown - if that's not an option, choose Other..., and check the
File Invisible checkbox - and set it to Invisible.

Alternatively, you can enter this command in the Terminal.app:

  ls -al ~/Documents/Microsoft\ User\ Data/Office\ 2008\ AutoRecovery/~*

and hit Return.

Hope this helps

On 10/04/10 4:28 AM, in article 59bb6...@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"exco...@officeformac.com" <exco...@officeformac.com> wrote: