Suddenly stopped receiving emails

sg...@officeformac.com

Apr 8, 2008, 12:23:14 PM4/8/08
Version: 2008
Processor: intel
Email Client: Exchange

I have Entourage 2008 and an exchange server. Everything has been working great for many months until I stopped receiving email yesterday on my client.

I can send.

I can get email on my web mail.

The standard response on this board in the following:

>>have a bad SMTP configuration
>>2. If you can send but not receive you have a >>bad POP or IMAP configuration

>>You can try re-entering info.
>>You can delete account and create a new one.
>>Using copy/paste can result in an extra space >>being added. Type carefully.

BUT, please also explain why my settings would suddenly change overnight.

By perusing these boards, this is seeming to be an increasingly nettlesome issue and one that hasn't been clearly solved yet...

Am I missing something?

Alex_G...@officeformac.com

Apr 18, 2008, 8:13:07 AM4/18/08
I have exactly the same set-up and exactly the same problem. Suddenly, for no reason, in the middle of the day yesterday, I stopped receiving emails. I can send emails, do OWA, getting email on my blackberry, but I suddenly stopped receiving email.

IT says no changes were made, and I did not make any changes.

> I have Entourage 2008 and an exchange server. Everything has been working great for many months until I stopped receiving email yesterday on my client.
>
> I can send.
>
> I can get email on my web mail.
>
> The standard response on this board in the following:
>

> >>have a bad SMTP configuration

> >>2. If you can send but not receive you have a >>bad POP or IMAP configuration

> >>You can try re-entering info.

> >>You can delete account and create a new one.

> >>Using copy/paste can result in an extra space >>being added. Type carefully.

William Smith

May 4, 2008, 10:07:11 PM5/4/08
sg...@officeformac.com wrote:

> I have Entourage 2008 and an exchange server. Everything has been
> working great for many months until I stopped receiving email
> yesterday on my client.
>
> I can send.
>
> I can get email on my web mail.

You may need to flush your cache.

If you see this in just one or a handful of folders then right-click or
Control-click that folder, select Folder Properties and click the Empty
button to empty the cache. You can also select the account itself and
empty the cache for all of your folders.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows
Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>

com...@gmail.com

May 19, 2008, 10:39:51 PM5/19/08
On May 4, 7:07 pm, William Smith <meckli...@REM0VETH1S.comcast.net>
wrote:

That worked for me! THANKS!

jen...@gmail.com

May 22, 2008, 9:48:31 AM5/22/08
On May 4, 10:07 pm, William Smith <meckli...@REM0VETH1S.comcast.net>
wrote:

HI, I am having the same problem but I have a POP account. It
suddently stopped receiving emails. I can send them fine. I have no
problem accessing the emails through my server-but i need to use
entourage. Thanks for any help Jen

Diane Ross

May 22, 2008, 7:08:36 PM5/22/08
"jen...@gmail.com" wrote:

> HI, I am having the same problem but I have a POP account. It
> suddently stopped receiving emails. I can send them fine. I have no
> problem accessing the emails through my server-but i need to use
> entourage. Thanks for any help Jen

Never add on to a thread. It makes things too confusing. Your problem is
similar but not exactly the same so answers will be different. This will
just make it harder to follow the original question and makes searching for
help more difficult because too many questions are jumbled into one thread.

You have not include any of your info like what version of Entourage you are
using or what OS. Please create your own subject and we'll do our best to
help you when we have the pertinent info.

--
Diane