Entourage 2008 stopped updating Exchange inbox

KenSpi

Mar 27, 2008, 5:32:00 PM3/27/08
I upgraded to Entourage 2008 about a week ago, and haven't really had
problems connecting to my company's Exchange server. Then at some point late
this morning, it decided to stop refreshing the inbox on the server. It goes
through the motions acting like the inbox is updating, but nothing new comes
in. New messages are showing up on my BlackBerry and I see them if I use OWA
or Outlook in a VM. I can send messages just fine from Entourage, and they
show up in my "Sent Items" on the server, so I know my server settings are
right.

I ran WireShark and it gives a strange error when Entourage loads:
68 4.081049 10.15.201.112 10.15.28.49 ICMP
Destination unreachable (Port unreachable)

Those are the only entries relating to the Exchange server. If I do the
capture when I run Outlook, I get boatloads of entires for MAPI etc...

Is there a way to "repair" the Entourage installation? Something else that
I can do that won't make me go back to Outlook?

William Smith

Mar 27, 2008, 10:07:32 PM3/27/08
KenSpi wrote:

What happens if you use Entourage --> Switch Identity... to create a new
identity and set up your account again? Does it sync fully?

--

bill

William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows
Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>

KenSpi

Mar 28, 2008, 2:14:00 PM3/28/08
"William Smith" wrote:

> What happens if you use Entourage --> Switch Identity... to create a new
> identity and set up your account again? Does it sync fully?

I gave it a try and it did start syncing the mailbox. It was taking a very
long time, and I no longer had the local folders I previously created, so I
cancelled out of it. I then noticed the original database file was quite
large (>7GB), so I went back into the original profile and did a bit of
cleanup. That still didn't fix things. Next, I checked the folder
properties of the Exchange Inbox (Edit:Folder Properties, or cmd-i). That's
where I found the magic "Empty Cache" button. The description said "empty
the cache only if this folder is not synchronizing correctly" and so on...
Well, it wasn't, so I did. BLAM! My inbox is now back in sync.

Thanks,
Ken

mca...@officeformac.com

Apr 3, 2008, 9:44:06 AM4/3/08
Great....thanks ken

C...@officeformac.com

Apr 7, 2008, 12:05:07 PM4/7/08
Exchange inbox folder won't sync (keywords for the next person).

Happiness, I had this exact same problem and this resolved it for me too.

Thanks,

Cam

Kris

Apr 11, 2008, 5:11:45 PM4/11/08
I am having the same problem only I cannot access Folder Properties (its obviously listed, just not a function that is accessible. I have created a new account and still cannot connect to the exchange server, any ideas?

Mac OS 10.5.2
Entourage 12.0.1