Upgrading identity and messages

Martin

Jun 16, 2009, 7:21:54 AM6/16/09
Anyone have a solution to this old problem?

Have been using thunderbird for 6 months now and is wondering if I can get
back to entourage without the annoying "upgrading identity" problem after
every reboot

Diane Ross

Jun 16, 2009, 2:05:49 PM6/16/09
On 6/16/09 4:21 AM, in article C65D4CF2.1DA7%mar...@gmail.com, "Martin"
<mar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have been using thunderbird for 6 months now and is wondering if I can get
> back to entourage without the annoying "upgrading identity" problem after
> every reboot

Setup Assistant Errors
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/setup_assistant.html>

--
Diane

Thomas

Jun 16, 2009, 5:03:41 PM6/16/09
Hi

I have the same problems, not just with 1 mac, but with roughly 50
macs running Office 2008.
Some have been upgraded from Office 2004, some have been a clean
install of 10.5 and office 2008, where the mailbox have downloaded
from the Exchange server as new account. It does not matter if make a
new Identity, move data from the old Identity over to the new. It
still does it.

Even new people in the company that starts off with an new Exchange
account and Office 2008, so this can't be due to some old stuff...

Some of the macs are laptop, and they for ever to get it upgraded, and
some stall during the upgrade of the Indentity. And this is due the
Database Daemon, if I see the Activity app - the Daemon is not
responding. Then I can force quit it, the Entourage works fine.

All macs are 10.5.x and with latest patches. Exchange server is 2003
with latest patches.

This is a serious issue, and they referred links that I have seen,
does not work, believe me I have tried everthing. Creating new
Identitys, moving data, prefs files, data folders etc. Nothing works.

I can't wait until 10.6 comes out, if the Exchange support works half
as good as on the iPhone, then we will convert, plus you get features
that even MIcrosoft it selfs have not included, like booking Resources
etc.

PS: could not register am account at the Mactopia forums - it says the
entered security "letters" does nor macth, have tried that with both
Safari, Firefox, and yes Internet Explorer 8....

If anybody from Mac Microsoft sees this, please to do something about
the above issue.

Thanks

Thomas

Diane Ross

Jun 16, 2009, 6:34:39 PM6/16/09
On 6/16/09 2:03 PM, in article
e4771b0d-f7f6-43bb...@w40g2000yqd.googlegroups.com, "Thomas"
<to...@me.com> wrote:

> I have the same problems, not just with 1 mac, but with roughly 50
> macs running Office 2008.

I suggest contacting Microsoft support on this. You should be able to get
some help since you have so many licenses.

> PS: could not register am account at the Mactopia forums - it says the
> entered security "letters" does nor macth, have tried that with both
> Safari, Firefox, and yes Internet Explorer 8....
>
> If anybody from Mac Microsoft sees this, please to do something about
> the above issue.

I'll pass this along, but the "forum" is actually an interface to the
Entourage newsgroup.

If you are not familiar with a newsreader, Entourage's basic newsreader
already has the Microsoft News server included. All you do is subscribe to
the newsgroups you want. See this article for help subscribing using the
Entourage newsreader:

<http://tinyurl.com/beds97>

--
Diane

Martin

Jun 17, 2009, 2:13:45 PM6/17/09
Been there, done that (more than once)

Still no go.

On 2009-06-16 20.05, in article C65D2D0D.1CC91%Entour...@gmail.com,

Martin

Jun 17, 2009, 2:19:17 PM6/17/09

On 2009-06-16 23.03, in article
<to...@me.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have the same problems, not just with 1 mac, but with roughly 50
> macs running Office 2008.
> Some have been upgraded from Office 2004, some have been a clean
> install of 10.5 and office 2008, where the mailbox have downloaded
> from the Exchange server as new account. It does not matter if make a
> new Identity, move data from the old Identity over to the new. It
> still does it.
>
> Even new people in the company that starts off with an new Exchange
> account and Office 2008, so this can't be due to some old stuff...
>
> Some of the macs are laptop, and they for ever to get it upgraded, and
> some stall during the upgrade of the Indentity. And this is due the
> Database Daemon, if I see the Activity app - the Daemon is not
> responding. Then I can force quit it, the Entourage works fine.
>
> All macs are 10.5.x and with latest patches. Exchange server is 2003
> with latest patches.
>
> This is a serious issue, and they referred links that I have seen,
> does not work, believe me I have tried everthing. Creating new
> Identitys, moving data, prefs files, data folders etc. Nothing works.
>
> I can't wait until 10.6 comes out, if the Exchange support works half
> as good as on the iPhone, then we will convert, plus you get features
> that even MIcrosoft it selfs have not included, like booking Resources
> etc.

I dont use an exchangeserver and have the problems anyway.
I have had the same problems on 2 different macs and clean install on both
of them after unpacking the new macs.

No other issues with my macs.

I actually went down in the basement to try to find my old officedisc.
There were not that much new stuff with entourage so I will try to
downgrade.

Annoying as h*ll

Berna...@officeformac.com

Jun 21, 2009, 4:59:03 AM6/21/09
Did you rebuild your Database (this can be performed holding the "Option" key when launching Entourage)? It's the "usual" way to get rid of this upgrading messages.

This is a new issue that came with a recent update of Office and tends to show every time Mac OS X is updated (seen it after a QuickTime update too)

joz...@officeformac.com

Jun 24, 2009, 9:12:46 AM6/24/09

I'am having this problem for month's now. Tried every possibility and suggestion from the forum. Left messages but nothing helped. I have the feeling that Microsoft is not really helping us with this problem. I'am thinking about buying another Offcie suite becaurse this is unworkable.