Microsoft Entourage 2008 - Upgrading Identity

Daniel...@officeformac.com

Feb 18, 2008, 12:17:35 PM2/18/08
After having installed Microsoft Office 2008 on my MacBook and copied the Entourage Database from Entourage 2004 into the specific folder for Entourage 2008 (Microsoft User Date/Office 2008 Identities/Main Identity) Entourage is always "Upgrading Identity" while starting the programm. What can I do to eliminate this sometimes time consuming upgrading process. Entourage and its database works just fine.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

Diane Ross

Feb 18, 2008, 7:42:12 PM2/18/08
On 2/18/08 9:17 AM, in article ee8de...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Daniel...@officeformac.com" <Daniel...@officeformac.com> wrote:

First, you should have moved the Office 2004 Identities folder to the
Microsoft User Data folder and not to the Office 2008 Identities folder.
When you open Entourage 2008 for the first time it would have asked to
import your data. What you did will work, but it must be allowed to complete
this process. Sounds like you stopped this process so not sure what it did
to your data. I would start with a new copy of your 2004 Identity. Entourage
2008 has to update the data and this takes a long time. Once it's updated,
you shouldn't get this message.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)
Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>

Nick Eshuis

Feb 20, 2008, 12:06:26 PM2/20/08
On Feb 18, 4:42 pm, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
wrote:
> On 2/18/08 9:17 AM, in article ee8de15...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,

I believe that Daniel is referring to the repetition of this process
on an almost daily basis. I did not have this issue initially but it
started repeating on a more regular basis. I know that I've let the
process run completely and have upgraded my identity properly. The
only thing that I've done is delete the old 2004 identity folder. Any
other thoughts?

Nick

Diane Ross

Feb 20, 2008, 8:31:04 PM2/20/08
On 2/20/08 9:06 AM, in article
6f5b3880-fb6b-49da...@e60g2000hsh.googlegroups.com, "Nick
Eshuis" <nicke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 18, 4:42 pm, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
> wrote:
>> On 2/18/08 9:17 AM, in article ee8de15...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
>>
>> "Daniel_St...@officeformac.com" <Daniel_St...@officeformac.com> wrote:
>>> After having installed Microsoft Office 2008 on my MacBook and copied the
>>> Entourage Database from Entourage 2004 into the specific folder for
>>> Entourage
>>> 2008 (Microsoft User Date/Office 2008 Identities/Main Identity) Entourage is
>>> always "Upgrading Identity" while starting the programm. What can I do to
>>> eliminate this sometimes time consuming upgrading process. Entourage and its
>>> database works just fine.
>>
>> First, you should have moved the Office 2004 Identities folder to the
>> Microsoft User Data folder and not to the Office 2008 Identities folder.
>> When you open Entourage 2008 for the first time it would have asked to
>> import your data. What you did will work, but it must be allowed to complete
>> this process. Sounds like you stopped this process so not sure what it did
>> to your data. I would start with a new copy of your 2004 Identity. Entourage
>> 2008 has to update the data and this takes a long time. Once it's updated,
>> you shouldn't get this message.
>>
>> --
>> Diane
>

> I believe that Daniel is referring to the repetition of this process
> on an almost daily basis. I did not have this issue initially but it
> started repeating on a more regular basis. I know that I've let the
> process run completely and have upgraded my identity properly. The
> only thing that I've done is delete the old 2004 identity folder. Any
> other thoughts?

Start a new Identity in 2008 and manually move over your data.

How to manually move your data from one version to another:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/manaul_update.html>

Nick Eshuis

Feb 21, 2008, 10:37:31 AM2/21/08
On Feb 20, 5:31 pm, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>