Random Birthday date rewriting in address book

Jean Frédéric FARNY

Jun 18, 2008, 7:51:52 AM6/18/08
Each time I try to enter a birthday date in the contact, it is rewriten.
Example : when I enter 12/06/1942, it turns to 12/06/39
The range of date concerned goes from 1940 to 1950.

In addition, when it syncs with iSync, the is a conflict between AddressBook
and Entourage, that can only be solved by overwriting the AdressBook data
with Entourage's.

Both problems made me lost 70% of my birthday information...

Do you have any clue ?

Thank you in advance
j f f a r n y @ g m a i l . c o m

Diane Ross

Jun 18, 2008, 5:48:14 PM6/18/08
"Jean Frédéric FARNY" wrote:

> Hi,
> Each time I try to enter a birthday date in the contact, it is rewriten.
> Example : when I enter 12/06/1942, it turns to 12/06/39
> The range of date concerned goes from 1940 to 1950.

I've seen this but the cutoff date was 1920. I put the correct info into my
Notes field. I have reported this myself, but I highly suggest everyone send
in feedback on this so it gets fixed.

Send feedback to Microsoft .

When working in Office, you can use the ³Send Feedback² option under the
Help menu in all of the Office applications or visit
<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/suggestions.mspx>

--
Diane

William Smith

Jun 18, 2008, 10:26:54 PM6/18/08
Jean Frédéric FARNY wrote:

> Each time I try to enter a birthday date in the contact, it is rewriten.
> Example : when I enter 12/06/1942, it turns to 12/06/39
> The range of date concerned goes from 1940 to 1950.
>
> In addition, when it syncs with iSync, the is a conflict between AddressBook
> and Entourage, that can only be solved by overwriting the AdressBook data
> with Entourage's.
>
> Both problems made me lost 70% of my birthday information...

Your problem sounds similar to what I posted about the confusion with
date/time settings.

"Correct Time displays in Entourage calendar by adjusting the correct
System Preferences"
<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/05/correct_time_displays_in_entourage_calendar_by_adjusting_sys.html>

I've been able to reproduce your problem following a similar method.

This may help you...

1. Quit Entourage.

2. Go to Apple menu --> System Preferences... --> International -->
Formats tab.

If your Region says "Custom" then your date formats have been altered
to display a two-digit date instead of a four-digit date. The two-digit
date is confusing Entourage.

4. Make note of your various date formats and then select your country
from the Region drop-down menu. This should set the year in most of the
formats to four digits.

5. Quit System Preferences and launch Entourage to test if this makes a
difference.

If this solves your problem then please post back. We'll report this as
a bug to Microsoft.

--

bill

William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows
Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>

Jean Frédéric FARNY

Jun 20, 2008, 7:57:11 AM6/20/08
Thank you for your help.
I did this before, and again, and the problem is still active and this
corrupts my syncing operations :(
It's a living hell

JFF

Le 19/06/08 04:26, dans Oib$xPb0IH...@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, « William

William Smith

Jun 20, 2008, 8:50:36 AM6/20/08
Jean Frédéric FARNY wrote:

> Thank you for your help.
> I did this before, and again, and the problem is still active and this
> corrupts my syncing operations :(

Quit Entourage and return to the International pane and click the
Customize... button again for Dates and check the field below the
drop-down menu where you can customize the format. For Medium, Long and
Full formats do you see "2008" for all? If any of these display "08"
format then change them to "2008" format.

Launch Entourage again and see if you can reproduce the problem.

Also, what Region are you selecting under the Formats tab of the
International pane?

Jean Frédéric FARNY

Jun 20, 2008, 8:59:27 AM6/20/08
to Diane Ross
Thank you for your help,

>> Hi,
>> Each time I try to enter a birthday date in the contact, it is rewriten.
>> Example : when I enter 12/06/1942, it turns to 12/06/39
>> The range of date concerned goes from 1940 to 1950.
>
> I've seen this but the cutoff date was 1920. I put the correct info into my
> Notes field. I have reported this myself, but I highly suggest everyone send
> in feedback on this so it gets fixed.
>
> Send feedback to Microsoft .

I did it on Monday.

JF

Jean Frédéric FARNY

Jun 20, 2008, 9:11:45 AM6/20/08
Incredible !!! It's Magic !
Thanks a lot !
JF

Le 20/06/08 14:50, dans #UNZ9Qt0...@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, « William
Smith » <meck...@REM0VETH1S.comcast.net> a écrit :

William Smith

Jun 20, 2008, 10:41:17 PM6/20/08
Jean Frédéric FARNY wrote:

> Incredible !!! It's Magic !

Can I take it that your problem is fixed? :-)

Can you tell what in particular was causing the problem so we can pass
this on to Microsoft? The more details we can provide them the easier
for them to quickly fix.