Where is calendar file/info kept in Entourage 2004?

nor...@officeformac.com

Jan 15, 2008, 4:20:50 PM1/15/08
I lost my calendar...which file from my backup will give me back my calendar?

William Smith

Jan 15, 2008, 6:44:56 PM1/15/08
nor...@officeformac.com wrote:
> I lost my calendar...which file from my backup will give me back my
> calendar?

Your calendar is part of your Database file, which includes your E-mail
messages, contacts, calendar, notes, etc. Restoring an older version of
the database file will essentially erase anything new that you've
received since losing the information.

You'll find the Database file in /Users/<your home
folder>/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2004 Identities/Main Identity.

I suggest you locate the backup Main Identity folder and copy that to
your current Office 2004 Identities folder. You'll need to rename the
Main Identity folder to something like "Main Identity Backup".

Then in Entourage, select Entourage --> Switch User... and select your
backup identity. Open the backup and then as quickly as you can select
Entourage --> Work Offline to prevent your backup identity from
downloading any new mail.

Then use File --> Export... to export your calendar items to a .rge
file. Switch back to your current Main Identity and import your .rge file.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows
Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>