can ocs 2007 use msde or sql server express?

alexl

Apr 22, 2007, 4:25:54 PM4/22/07
trying out the eval beta of the new ocs beta 2007, is there any way to
get it to use sql server express or msde instead of the full versions
of sql server 2000 or 2005?

or failing that is there a way to get it to do sql authentication
instead of windows authentication so I can get it to use a remotely
hosted database?

thx -Alex

Oscar Newkerk{MSFT]

Apr 23, 2007, 5:01:00 PM4/23/07
If you install the OCS 2007 Standard Edition server, then it uses SQL
Express. OCS 2007 Enterprise Edition requires full SQL.

--

Oscar Newkerk
Unified Communications Group

"alexl" <alexth...@gmail.com> wrote in message

alexl

Apr 24, 2007, 7:03:28 PM4/24/07
Thanks.

I uninstalled EE and installed SE but now I can't get SE to realize
it's not EE.

here is a sample from when I try to create a pool. I have to do it
from the lcscmd because I can't get the gui to go back to the pool
wizard, it must think it's already installed or something.

ok now I can't find the log but it said something like

dbsetup.wsf /role:ee

On Apr 23, 5:01 pm, "Oscar Newkerk{MSFT]"

alexl

Apr 27, 2007, 6:44:21 PM4/27/07
I got it! I had to reinstall windows but it was about time because I
had too much clutter on that box.

When I reinstalled, standard edition launched the sql express
installer during deploy stage and took care of everything.

Also I wasn't seeing the pool wizard because that's only in the
enterprise edition.