RE: RRAS keeps stopping along with svchost.exe application errors

dusss

Apr 10, 2008, 4:47:00 AM4/10/08
> I have a client with a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Dell 1950 with 4 GB RAM.
>
> We are experiencing the need to constantly reboot the server as the RRAS
> fails and sometimes takes other servces with in.
>
> This happens in conjuction with an application error in the event log:
>
> Event ID 100
> Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, faulting module
> ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x0001bd02

Having the same problem, same hardware, my event is slightly different:

Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, faulting module
msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.3959, fault address 0x00038da3.

Applied some boot.ini switches (/NOPAE).
renamed the dnary.mdb, ias.mdb in system32\ias folder, registered ole.dll's.
nothing seems to work....

Steve

May 5, 2008, 3:34:00 PM5/5/08
I am having same problem, seems to have just started about a month ago. This
error pops up, then crashes several of my services. I have set them to
restart on the recovery tab, and I have made sure that all patches are up to
date, so I'm not sure what happened.

Can't you just restar the services?

"Brian" wrote:

> I have a client with a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Dell 1950 with 4 GB RAM.
>
> We are experiencing the need to constantly reboot the server as the RRAS
> fails and sometimes takes other servces with in.
>
> This happens in conjuction with an application error in the event log:
>
> Event ID 100
> Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, faulting module
> ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x0001bd02
>

> Sometime we can restart services other times it requires a reboot. I have
> disabled RSS and TCPA and TCPChimney.
>
> HELP!

dusss

May 6, 2008, 2:09:00 AM5/6/08
Found the problem. After numerous other attempts to change reg-setting,
change services and more suggestions we de-installed the tcp\ip stack from
the server, and re-installed them.

After this re-install everything works perfect again. Still haven't found
out what update or sofware-install is the cause of this problem, but for now
I am happy with the solution.