Submit Function Generating Errors When Submitting To Sharepoint

Ryan Miller

Oct 13, 2004, 12:07:28 PM10/13/04
Good Morning:

I have a form that is published to a sharepoint library. When the form, via
a rule, tries to submit the form to the library from which it was created or
opened from the user will at times see one of the following errors....

InfoPath cannot submit the form.
An error occurred while the form was being submitted.
The form cannot be submitted to the following location:
http://wmstprojdev/sites/projectserver_167/IS Request Form/1092262565548.xml
The file is in use by another application or user.

or

InfoPath cannot submit the form.
An error occurred while the form was being submitted.
The form cannot be submitted to the following location:
http://wmstprojdev/sites/projectserver_167/IS Request Form/1092262565548.xml
The site may be offline, read-only, or otherwise unavailable.
Unspecified error

Now in each case, the user has been a "contributor" on the site and library
with read/write access.

Does anyone have an ideas what might be happening? I'm in User Testing at
this point and would like to go live once these issues are resolved if no
other arrise.

We are running Office 2k3 SP1 on Windows 2000 on our desktops and Windows
Server 2003 with WSS, Project Server 2003, and SQL Server, and IIS 6

Thank you for your assistance.

Ryan

Joan Bennett

Oct 19, 2004, 10:05:03 AM10/19/04
I've got a similar unresolved issue -- related inability to submit changes to
an Infopath form where it says " InfoPath cannot submit the form.

An error occurred while the form was being submitted.
The form cannot be submitted to the following location:
http://server/folder/nnnnnnnnn.xml

The file is in use by another application or user."

This error occurs if the form is opened and edited from an email alert for
from a hyperlink in a reporting services report. The same edits are allowed
if the form is opened from a view in Sharepoint. I've look through the
knowledge base and haven't seen anything relevant yet. HELP!

Ryan Miller

Oct 19, 2004, 10:15:02 AM10/19/04
Joan:

I've had this problem when I've open it directly from Sharepoint as well.
It's almost as if there's some sort of token or cookie taht is not being
checked back in because I do not see it if I create, submit, close, reopen,
submit, etc. However, if someone else opens a form I created, they get the
error on close.

TDC

Oct 26, 2004, 6:49:32 PM10/26/04
Having this issue as well, was there a resolution?

Thanks!

Tronn
"Ryan Miller" <RyanM...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message