DCOM got error "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. " and was unable to logon .\IWAM_XXXXXX

Jacy Grant

Jan 14, 2003, 1:22:22 AM1/14/03
Hello, I'm running IIS5 on windows 2000 server, today when I restart the
server, IIS won't work, I checked the eventlog, it reports as follows:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10004
Date: 2003-01-14
Time: 14:02:45
User: N/A
Computer: HONGZHINET
DCOM got error "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. " and was
unable to logon .\IWAM_XXXXXX in order to run the server:
{3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}

I have set the web site application in pooled( medium ) protection, when I
visit the site, I got the error:Server Application Error The server has
encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of
your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information.
Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

Anyone help me, please!

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Jan 14, 2003, 9:25:13 AM1/14/03
"Jacy Grant" <jacy...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello, I'm running IIS5 on windows 2000 server, today when I restart the
> server, IIS won't work, I checked the eventlog, it reports as follows:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: DCOM
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 10004
> Date: 2003-01-14
> Time: 14:02:45
> User: N/A
> Computer: HONGZHINET
> DCOM got error "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. " and
was
> unable to logon .\IWAM_XXXXXX in order to run the server:
> {3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}

start here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321448

I found this for you by searching on "iwam 10004" at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;rid;kbinfo

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windows.netserver/community/centers/iis/

Jacy Grant

Jan 14, 2003, 10:01:42 PM1/14/03
Thanks a lot!

"Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A T) mvps (D O T) org> wrote in message