SelfSSL: Failed to acquire the cryptographic context

Pale-User

Feb 8, 2005, 11:59:41 AM2/8/05
Hello,

I am trying to install a self signed certificate in IIS6
and having problems. I use SelfSSL from IIS Resource Toolkit.

What I get is the following error message:
Failed to acquire the cryptographic context: 0x8009000f

Any ideas? Thank you for your help.

Jiri Richter [MSFT]

Feb 9, 2005, 5:28:15 PM2/9/05
You probably hit a bug in SelfSSL. This might make sense if you're familiar
with CryptoAPI. The error most likely occurs after calling functions
CryptAcquireContext. The error code means NTE_EXISTS: "The key container
already exists, but you are attempting to create it. If a previous attempt
to open the key failed with NTE_BAD_KEYSET, it implies that access to the
key container is denied".

--
Jiri Richter
Microsoft Corp.