Access denied while sending mail from ASP

Lar...@drmworld.com

Aug 28, 2006, 4:54:34 PM8/28/06
I searched through this forum to find a answer to my problem but
couldn't find it in any of the forums, so I'll describe the problem and
the solution here.

I am using ASP on SBS 2003 with IIS 6.0 and Exchange 6.5.7226.0. I have
a page where the user can submit a form to send email. I followed
Microsoft's sample code to use either CDOSYS or CDOEX, but I kept
getting error 80070005, which is an access denied message. Here's my
simple sample code:

<%
function sendEmail(to, from, subject, body) {
var iMsg = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
iMsg.To = to
iMsg.From = from
iMsg.Subject = subject
iMsg.TextBody = body
iMsg.Send()
}
%>

Here's what I did to fix the problem: From the IIS Manager, right-click
Default Web Site, choose Properties, then the Home Directory tab.
Change the Application pool from DefaultAppPool to
ExchangeApplicationPool.

No more error 80070005.

Hope this helps.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Aug 29, 2006, 9:52:26 AM8/29/06
Try giving Write permissions to IUSR_[servername] on
C:\Inetpub\mailroot\pickup

Ray at work

<Lar...@drmworld.com> wrote in message