8007007e - Server.CreateObject error

J Kelly

Jan 21, 2003, 3:57:14 PM1/21/03

Hello All!

For some reason, Server.CreateObject fails with 8007007e
executing under IIS 5.1 when trying to create objects
defined in one of my libraries ( residing in a .dll). I
can create the same objects using a vb app.

Every article I've found insists that either:
1. The dll is not registered (In this case, that is not
true. The dll is registered, and so are all of its
dependencies).

2. The Internet guest user account does not have
permissions to view the .dll file (Also not true, as I
have given full control to every user under the sun!).

Interestingly, if I first create an object from a
different library, then one from my library, IIS is able
to find my library and create my object. However, if I
create an object from my library first, I recive the
aformentioned error. What's going on here? I assume it's
an issue with my library.

Thanks,

J Kelly

J Kelly

Jan 27, 2003, 9:05:08 AM1/27/03
Very interesting behavior. I am instantiating a COM
object from ASP or ASP.Net using IIS 5.1 as my web
server. The Server.CreateObject fails because of a
FileNotFound exception. When I handle the exception and
write out FileNotFoundException.FileName, nothing is
written.

It seems that IIS 5.1 is performing the registry lookup
correctly, but that it can't find the dll that holds the
class information for whatever reason.

Once again, this is only true if it's the first COM object
I try to instantiate. If I create an object from another
library first, then my library second, it works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Charlie

Jan 28, 2003, 9:38:27 PM1/28/03
Sounds weird!
Problem with your registry?

--
Charlie
oooo0

"J Kelly" <james_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

J Kelly

Feb 12, 2003, 4:54:01 PM2/12/03
I'm starting to see similar posts out there. I am leaning
toward it being an IIS 5.1 bug. Unfortunately, MS has yet
to offer a solutiuon.

To reiterate, I can't create a COM component from ASP that
is in a dll that IS PROPERLY REGISTERED on my system, and
the I_USR account has full permissions to everything.

Creating the object from VB (6.0 or .Net) works fine and
dandy! This is nuts!