Error: "HH_HELP_CONTEXT called without a [MAP] section" via vbMsgBoxHelpButton

jCh...@iso.com

Sep 6, 2007, 12:13:58 PM9/6/07
Hi all,

I need help on calling the HTML help file (.chm) through the Msgbox
function in VB6. I tried the following code, But once i clicked on
the
<Help> button on the message box, it showed me "HH_HELP_CONTEXT
called
without a [MAP] section" error message. Even though the .chm file
opened up after the error message, but still it didn't show me the
desired help topic. I wonder why? FYI, i used the Adobe RoboHelp HTML
6.0 to create the .chm file.

x = MsgBox("Invalid input file detected. Please ONLY select proper
form for Report Generating.", vbOKOnly + vbCritical +
vbMsgBoxHelpButton, "Error", App.Path & "Help.chm", 1)

I also tried the following code which i pre-defined the project
properties to refer to a .chm help file and set the context ID to 1.
But once i clicked on the <Help> button on the message box, nothing
happened. Why??

x = MsgBox("Invalid input file detected. Please ONLY select proper
form for Report Generating.", vbOKOnly + vbCritical +
vbMsgBoxHelpButton, "Error", Err.HelpFile, Err.HelpContext)

Your kind help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

Rob Cavicchio [MVP]

Sep 7, 2007, 12:13:46 AM9/7/07
Can you post the contents of the [MAP] and [ALIAS] sections of the project
(.HHP) file?

<jCh...@iso.com> wrote in message

jCh...@iso.com

Sep 7, 2007, 12:08:39 PM9/7/07
Hi Rob, nvm now as i found the problem. I did not configure the MAP ID
properly in RoboHelp. Now i fixed it. Thanks for your reply anyway.

Ulrich Kulle

Sep 7, 2007, 2:40:51 PM9/7/07
Hello jCheah,

you maybe interested in some more VB6 and application help questions. You'll
find a VB6 project and the related help project at:
http://www.help-info.de/en/Help_Info_HTMLHelp/hh.htm

See "Download" section.
--
HTH