Re: Missing Paperclip - Cannot Attach Documents To Notes

Victoria [MVP]

Apr 8, 2009, 4:56:20 PM4/8/09
Kevin,

We use UNC paths for the OLEPATH with no issues...both GP 9.0 and 10.0 are
fine with it....

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Kevin D" <Kev...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The path in the dex.ini file does NOT allow a unc path. It has to be a
> mapped drive. I know this because I did the same thing and spent hours
> trying to figure it out.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Kevin
>
> "Scott S." wrote:
>
>> It is my understanding that you can use a UNC path for the OLEPATH
>> reference,
>> but when I do, the user does not see the paperclip option on the Note
>> window.
>>
>> I've checked the permissions and they appear correct. In fact, I am
>> logged
>> onto to the GP server as a local administrator and I have the same
>> problem.
>>
>> If I change the OLEPATH to point to the exact same folder, but reference
>> it
>> by a drive letter (D:\notes\), it works, but as soon as I change the path
>> \\servername\notes\ the paperclip disappears.
>>
>> Currently the workstations do not have a mapped drive to the server, so
>> using the UNC path would make things much easier. Any suggestions on
>> what's
>> wrong?
>>
>> We are running GP 10.00.1061
>>
>> Thanks

Victoria [MVP]

Apr 8, 2009, 5:39:16 PM4/8/09
Scott, I just checked an installation of GP 10.0 SP 3 we recently set up for
a customer and it has all UNC paths for OLEPATH and everyone has a
paperclip. (You're on GP 10.0 SP 2, not sure if that makes a difference, I
don't have any SP 2 installs to check right now.)

Here is the trick: all the correct folders have to exist already for the OLE
notes. So if your OLEPATH is:

\\server\share\notes\

and you have 3 companies, then you have to have the following folders
already there:

\\server\share\notes\Company1\OLENotes
\\server\share\notes\Company2\OLENotes
\\server\share\notes\Company3\OLENotes

Where Company1, Company2 and Company3 are the SQL database ID's of your
companies.

Please post back whether this works with GP 10.0 SP 2 for you.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com

"Scott S." <Sco...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Scott S.

Apr 9, 2009, 9:36:01 AM4/9/09
Victoria,
I just finished creating the folders as you indicated and it worked
perfectly!

Thank you.