Check Signature - Internal Control - Authorization Level

Disbursement Signature Controls@discussions.microsoft.com Check Disbursement Signature Controls

Jun 27, 2005, 1:13:01 PM6/27/05
There should be builit into the check disbursement function(s) certain
internal controls. Example, allowing for restrictions - authorization levels
as it relates to dollar amounts. Either, the 'graphics' loaded for signature
do not appear when exceeding a certain amount (check signature does not
print), requiring manual signature or the check disbursement, when exceeding
a specified amount, should require a 2nd level authorization (password)
before proceeding w/the processing function.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e46af449-b6df-48c2-b4b7-03e1679207c0&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Lyle

Jun 27, 2005, 2:23:12 PM6/27/05
In article <E46AF449-B6DF-48C2...@microsoft.com>, "=?Utf-
8?B?Q2hlY2sgRGlzYnVyc2VtZW50IFNpZ25hdHVyZSBDb250cm9scw==?=" <Check
Disbursement Signature Cont...@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
If this is really important, have a look at the Mekorma MICR offering. I
can vouch for the ease of setup and use, the ease of cheque form
modifications, the excellent integration with GP, and on the one time
that it was needed, the excellent support.

Here is their web address: http://www.mekorma.com

Lyle

Check Disbursement Signature Controls

Jun 27, 2005, 3:36:01 PM6/27/05
*I should mention - we currently use Mekorma to satisfy this need.

Check Disbursement Signature Controls

Jun 27, 2005, 3:40:03 PM6/27/05
Thank you. We currently use Mekorma to satisfy this need. We were looking
to GP to incorporate this control thus relieving the need for 3rd party
software.

Charles Allen

Jul 1, 2005, 11:12:00 PM7/1/05
I understand the desire to use one publisher but I think you are fighting a
battle everytime you do that. The third party products, like Mekorma's MICR
application, is so much more powerful than what GP offers. Also, remember
that many third party apps wind up as GP applications like HR,
Manufacturing, Project Accounting, Extender, SmartList, SmartList Builder,
and many others.

"Check Disbursement Signature Controls"
<CheckDisbursement...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0821F511-BBA2-4304...@microsoft.com...